Chapter 13 Griffin

"When I see Nova, I'm going to kill her." Ric grumbled as we sulked back into the living room.

Shortly after we had arrived downstairs, our mother mindlinked us to head outside and shift for Harlow. It made sense for us to prove to her that werewolves were real and it was easier to do it now since Mom was in the room with Harlow.

"We shouldn't be surprised that she ran to mother." Gabriel sighed, pouring us all a glass of whisky from the well stocked mini bar near the wood burning fireplace.

"Then, you also shouldn't be surprised to see your father here." Our father, former Alpha Lukas, entered the living room then with a smug expression.

"Of course not." I grumbled, accepting the glass from Gabe.

"We were going to tell you." Gabriel said defensively as he poured a fourth glass of whisky for our father.

"Oh, I'm sure." Dad chuckled as he took a seat, "Tell me exactly what happened."

And so we did. Our dad stayed quiet the entire time as we described the last few days. Once we finished, silence laid heavily in the room for several long minutes before our father spoke,

"Well, that's an interesting take on the situation. Not how I would've handled it but, certainly one way to do it." He looked a bit flabbergasted.

"Okay, we admit to not being as patient as you were." Ric said,

"What's done is done, now you three have to figure out what you're doing from here." Father said, looking at us expectantly.

"That's what we're trying to do. We were planning on giving her space with the girls until she was ready to speak with us, but then she tried to run away last night and could've gotten seriously injured." I explained.

I frowned as I thought about our mate's daring escape plan. My heart immediately started to race as I considered all of the things that could have gone wrong.

"She has no idea what's going on and I think you owe her an explanation." Dad said,

"Maybe she wouldn't have panicked if we had come clean from the beginning." Gabriel nodded thoughtfully.

"Anyway, we told her the truth about werewolves just before Mom came in." I explained,

"If she's anything like your mother, she'll handle the werewolf business easier than the concept of mates." Dad said, "You'll have to handle that explanation delicately." He looked at each of us individually so we knew the seriousness of the situation.

"Maybe we should wait to tell her that part." Ric suggested.

"Right, because waiting worked so well before." Gabe huffed, rolling his eyes.

"You'll know when it's the right time and by that I mean she'll probably figure it out on her own and you'll be backed into a corner." Dad chuckled and I had a feeling he was reflecting on his own situation with our mother.

"Yes, well, that time is coming sooner than you'd probably like." We all looked up as our mother entered the room.

Dad grinned wickedly at the sight of our mother and stretched out his arm for her. She settled on the armrest of his chair and leaned against his side.

"What happened?" I asked eagerly.

"After you all shifted for her she seemed to come to terms with the whole werewolf concept although I still think she's a bit freaked out by it all." Our mother said with a heavy sigh.

"And we'll offer her all the time she needs to adjust. I just hope she's not afraid of us." I said with a frown and Frost whimpered in my head.

"Oh, I don't think she's afraid." Mom laughed, "That woman is as tough as they come."