Chapter 56 Godric

The party was in full swing and we were all enjoying ourselves. Harlow was relaxing and enjoying her time with not only us but with the rest of the pack. It was the first time she really had the chance to mingle with the pack members and thank them for stepping up when she was taken. Every once in a while I noticed that she would zone out and I assumed it was her trying to adjust to the mindlink.

Her skin was also on fire the entire night and her hazel eyes were alive with fiery embers. She was positively the most beautiful creature on the face of the planet. I couldn't keep my eyes off of her and she noticed, blushing everytime she caught me staring.

"Stop it, Godric." She whined, playfully pushing me away.

"Dance with me, precious?" I asked, offering her my hand.

She blushed again and took it, allowing me to pull her onto the dance floor. Everyone disappeared and the music changed to something slow and romantic. I wrapped my arm around her waist and took her hand in mine, taking the lead.

"You really are beautiful." I said, leaning down to whisper in her ear. She shivered as my nose grazed against my mark on her neck.

"You're handsome yourself, Alpha." She killed me whenever she called me by my title.

I knew she didn't do it as a show of respect, she didn't have to, she did it to plow through my control and send me barreling right over the edge of sanity.

Griffin and Gabriel appeared on the dance floor with Maggie and Tulley in their arms. Canyon was dancing around us, completely out of beat with the music, but it didn't matter.

"I feel hot, Godric." She said after a few moments.

"You are hot, precious." I chuckled and she shook her head.

"No, I feel really hot. I feel like something's wrong." I focused on her gaze and realized that she was slightly worried.

"Do you think you're sick?" I gripped her tightly.

"No, it doesn't feel like that. It doesn't feel.....human." She mumbled.

"Come on." I pulled her away from the dance floor in the middle of the song and away from the crowd. Gabe and Griff quickly followed after us without the kids.

"What's wrong?" Gabe asked, immediately looking over Harlow.

"I feel like something's wrong. I feel very hot." She repeated. Gabe and Griff both ran their hands over her arms.

"You've felt hot to us since you mated with Gabe." Griff said,

"I know but I never felt hot until now." She gulped, "And I have this bad feeling in the pit of my stomach."

"It's probably just nerves, baby, from the ceremony." Gabe tried to calm her down, taking her against his chest in a huge.

"I don't...." before she could respond, all hell broke loose.

"Rogues!" Someone shouted and then dozens of rogue wolves were on us.

I let out a viscous growl as I planted myself in front of my mate defensively. All around us were rogues. Our pack members were already beginning to shift, the guard and warrior wolves stalking out of the forest and surrounding our backyard. Waylon, Callie, Ambrose, and Cambridge appeared around us in a defensive circle with Harlow in the center of my brothers and myself.

"Where are my kids?" Harlie gasped, wrestling against our grips.

"I have the kids. They're safe." Nova mindlinked us immediately and Harlie relaxed slightly.