Chapter 17 Godric

I stood up and looked at the piece of paper Ambrose had just put down on Gabe's desk. It was a colored poster with big block letters on the top reading, missing person and then a picture of Harlow below it.

"Shit." Griff grumbled, reading over the details.

"Hold on, let me search this number." Gabe said,

He started typing away on his laptop and went to some sort of website he found that allowed him to look up unknown numbers. He used it when he was investigating other packs, rogues, or even human clients.

"It belongs to a woman named Toni Blank. It looks like she's enrolled in the same university as Harlow so they must be friends." Gabe said,

He was looking up the girl's name to find out more information about her. He was scary good at this, which probably stemmed from all the police force experience we had in this family.

"I think we should ask Harlow about it. If she's really keen on cooperating, she'll call her friend and have her back off. It could be a good way for us to show her that we trust her." Griffin suggested.

"I swear to the Goddess, Griff, if the human police show up at our front gate I'm going to be pissed." Gabriel grumbled, looking irritated.

"Then we'll just have to call up Wade and his fancy FBI team." Griff suggested.

Of course, he was referencing our 26 year old brother who was a profiler with the FBI just like our mother was. He was born completely human, not a wolf soul in sight, but he didn't let that slow him down. He followed in Mom's footsteps by studying psychology in college and then joining the FBI after graduating from the police academy. Nova and Wade were on the same wavelength just like the three of us, honestly it was like they were twins.

"He'll get a kick out of that." I scoffed, thinking about the ego boost Wade would get from having to bail us out of human legal trouble.

"We would literally never hear the end of it." Gabe said as he began fiddling with his laptop.

"We'll talk to Harlow about it." Griff said, settling the issue.

"I have to say, I think today went better than I expected." I said, thinking about our mate.

"For sure." Griff nodded, even Gabriel seemed to be in agreement.

"Now the real work begins." I mumbled.

"What do you mean?" Gabe asked and I eyed him like he was insane.

"Have you ever actually wooed a female before?"

"No, have you?" He threw back at me and I frowned.

"Okay, no, but I know it's not easy." I grumbled.

"We just have to be ourselves." Griff shrugged, not looking concerned.

"Maybe you can get away with that but, Gabriel is going to have to be like someone else." I said, mocking his stiffness. He glared at me,

"The Moon Goddess paired her with us, that means she'll like us how we are." Gabe replied stubbornly.

"True but a little effort goes a long way." Griffin said,

"Well, what do you suggest, then?" Gabe asked with an attitude.

"First off, I think we need to show her that we're three individuals. We each need to spend some alone time with her, like arrange a date that's just the two of us." Griffin suggested, showing off his romantic dominance over the rest of us.

The Triplets of Emerald Forestजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें