Chapter 29 Harlow

I made my escape to the elevator and greeted Waylon as soon as I stepped off. I needed some human moments away from my triplet werewolf mates. Don't get me wrong, they were growing on me and this morning was amazing, but it was a lot.

"How did this morning go, Harlie?" Waylon asked, wiggling his eyebrows at me. I scoffed at him and rolled my eyes,

"I don't kiss and tell." I said in a mocking tone.

"Oooh, so there was kissing?" Waylon teased.

I shoved against his chest, making him trip and fall over the carpet in the living room. I laughed at him before disappearing into my bedroom.

Wait, when did I start calling it my bedroom?

I sprawled out on the bed and stared at the ceiling, contemplating the last few days. I didn't have much alone time before the girls were breaking down my door and demanding details.

"Tell me that my brothers have been acting like gentlemen?" Nova said in a threatening tone. I laughed at her,

"Yes, actually, perfect gentlemen." I confirmed.

"Good, because if they aren't, you tell me and I'll castrate them." She said, her eyes flashing black for a moment.

She might not be able to shift, but Nova and her werewolf counterpart were still just as deadly with their heightened instincts and dedication to training. It was obvious that she had something serious going on behind those dark orbs.

"How has it been having alone time with each of the Alphas?" Matti asked with a sly smirk.

"It's been really good and definitely what I needed." I said,

Suddenly, Kori was squealing and the door to my bedroom banged open. Waylon was standing there with a threatening expression.

"What's wrong?" He rushed into the room and grabbed his mate, moving her closer to me so he could guard us both, and looked around the room with narrowed eyes.

"Nothing, idiot, get off of me." Kori huffed, pushing her mate away in annoyance.

"You screamed!" Waylon said in an exaggerated tone.

"Not out of danger. Get out." She pushed him towards the door and slammed it in his face, "Overprotective werewolves." She scoffed and the rest of us laughed.

"But, why did you scream?" Annie looked flabbergasted.

"What is this?" Kori danced over towards me and picked up the necklace that Gabriel had given me.

"Oh, the boys got it for me." I grinned proudly.

I really did love the gesture and meaning behind the necklace Gabriel gave me and I was impressed that it was his idea.

"That is the most adorable thing I've ever seen. What's the sapphire for?" Kori asked, examining the delicate charm.

"My birthstone. Gabriel said that it's supposed to represent their marks since I'm obviously not ready for that yet." I explained.

"Did he tell you about the marking?" Matti asked and I nodded,

"He did, today."

"And you didn't run away? That's awesome progress, Harlie! I was sure the whole mating process was going to freak you out." Matti let out a sigh of relief.

"Hold up, the what process?" I backed out of Kori's grip and eyed them all with what was probably a horrified expression.

"Way to go." Annia jabbed her elbow into Matti's ribs.