Chapter 26 Harlow

"I hope we didn't scare you, precious." Godric said as he settled beside us on the couch. He took my hand and squeezed it between his.

I was surprised when Griffin sat on the floor, leaning his head back so it rested against my legs which were curled up on Gabriel's lap.

"Why would I be scared?" I asked.

"Because we made the cars stop and shelter in place until the threat was over." Godric replied.

"I wasn't afraid." I said but something about it seemed like a lie.

I wasn't afraid for myself would have been a more accurate response. Griffin looked up at me like he was reading my mind.

"Did anyone tell you what was going on?" Godric asked as he fiddled with my fingers.

"They said it was rogues and they told me what that was." I recalled what I remembered.

"Harlow," Gabriel pulled his face from my hair and tilted my chin up so he was looking into my eyes, "As our Luna, you are entitled to know everything that goes on in the pack. As your Alphas, we don't want to hide anything from you. But, you have to be ready for it. If you're not ready to know everything yet, you have to tell us and we'll stop." His eyes were burning with sincerity.

I didn't really know what to say to that. Was I ready to accept that I was this Luna person they kept talking about? Hell no. Was I ready to accept my fate as their destined mate? No. Did I think this matebond thing was real? Yes, yes I did.

"I want to know." I finally said, deciding on the least decisive answer I could come up with.

"Then, you'll know everything." Gabriel nodded, glancing at his brothers before his face went into my hair again.

"We captured a few of the rogues and interrogated one of them. They indicated that there's someone out there plotting some sort of revenge scheme against our pack. This person is bribing rogues with money to join his cause and is bringing them into a camp not far from here. This attack, which was 36 wolves strong, was a test to gauge our reaction time." Godric explained, speaking simply for my benefit.

"Why would someone do that?" I wondered.

"We don't know. Emerald Forest doesn't have any enemies that we know of." Griffin said, his cheek resting against my knees so he could look up at me.

"What now?"

"Now we continue to question the prisoners and find out where their camp is. Once we know the location, we'll take a team there and investigate. They've probably moved on, knowing that we would have taken prisoners, but it's still a place to start." Godric replied.

"But, this doesn't change anything, angel. Our priority is still getting you to trust us and building our relationship." Griffin said, brushing his lips sweetly across my bare knees. I shuddered at the feeling of his mouth against my skin.

"We'll just have to reschedule your shopping trip to a later date when the three of us can accompany you. We won't feel okay sending you out with this threat still pending." Godric said with an apologetic smile.

"Which means I want to reschedule my time to now." Gabriel grumbled into my neck and I jumped at the feeling of his warm breath on my skin.

"Mine!" Godric growled and I swear I was about to be caught in a tug of war between two brothers.

"Gabe, be fair. We've all been through a lot." Griffin frowned.

"Fine. But, I get you first thing tomorrow morning." He muttered.