Chapter 52 Harlow

After breakfast, the girls demanded my attention again for more Luna ceremony planning. I was so overwhelmed yesterday that I just kind of checked out and I'm not really sure what was decided, but I was fine with anything, really. I followed them outside to the spot where the ceremony would be held. It was a short walk to the old Alpha and Luna house which now hosted the brothers' parents. Behind the house was a clearing just inside the woods that held every Luna ceremony since the beginning of the pack.

There was a stage and an altar with the tall hardwood trees as the backdrop. In front of the stage, chairs were already set up in neat rows, creating an aisle.

"So, we have to decide how you want this decorated. We'll need lights, of course, because the ceremony is held at night. Usually we do string lights, but I was also thinking of some nice torches around the altar to add a warm glow." Clementine said, motioning with her hands as she spoke.

"Yeah, that sounds great." I said with a smile, trying to sound excited.

"And we need flowers for the altar, stage, and the end of each row. What are your favorite flowers, Harlie?" Clementine asked, taking out her Luna ceremony planning notebook, as she calls it.

"Uhm, I don't really have...." I started to say but the glare I earned from the girls made me come up with a quick choice on the spot, "Purple irises." I don't really know why I picked them other than the fact that they were purple, my favorite color.

"Perfect." Clementine smiled, making note of it in her book.

"What would you like on the aisle? Flower petals, a satin carpet.....?" Clementine asked.

Good lord make this stop. I let out a loud sigh.

"The colors, of course, are navy, dark green, and crimson for the brothers with splashes of purple for you. Since it's your ceremony, why don't we have a purple satin runner?" Nova suggested, thankfully coming to my rescue.

"Yes, that's a good idea." I agreed quickly.

"Sounds good." Clementine nodded, scribbling down more notes.

"So, the orchestra will be seated over there to play the traditional ceremony song as you walk down the aisle. You'll have to decide who you'd like to walk you down the aisle." Clementine said and I felt my heart sink.

I knew this was a reality I'd have to face on my wedding day, but I didn't really think about it for this ceremony. Not having a family or parents never really bothered me, but I was feeling their absence at this moment.

"I would be honored to do it." Someone new joined the group, making me jump and turn around, "If you'd like, that is." Lukas smiled at me with such genuine kindness that I couldn't help but smile back.

"Yes, please." I nodded, happy to have a solution.

Lukas grinned and held his hand out towards me. I gladly took it and allowed him to pull me in for a quick hug.

"It would be my pleasure. Clem and I are so thankful to you for accepting our sons and are happy to add you to our family." He said, releasing me.

"Thank you." I blushed, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear in embarrassment.

"Great! That's it for the ceremony space. Now we'll go check out the reception area." Clementine cheered, breaking up the tension.

I followed her back towards the packhouse where the after party would be held. Apparently it was tradition to have the party at the Luna and Alpha's house, which was usually back near the ceremony area. This was the first year it was happening at a new location, which would be our backyard.