22 | Fears and Dreams

Nikolai's POV:

It was now nightfall.

The sky had turned to pitch black as the stars shined brightly.

My eyes were mainly fixed on the outdoors, but I couldn't help but occasionally glance at the sleeping woman beside me.

Ellie's head was layed upon my shoulder, as her hand had moved from mine and was now covering my arm.

She wanted to stay close to me. She wanted to feel safe, and I hope to God she was.

I knew that if Anthony were to see this right now, he would probably shoot my brains out.

But to be honest, the thought wasn't even one that I was focused on. I was only focused on the little snores that came from her body and her chest that heaved up and down with each breath.

This sounds horrible, but I loved the way she was slightly nervous about the plane. It meant that I had an excuse to be around her and to touch her.

I knew it was a major fucking risk taking her and Anthony on this trip. But to be honest, I was only going to invite Ellie.

But due to the constant speculations about me and her, Anthony would have never believed that it was just a 'friends' trip.

But I mainly invited her, because my sister and my parents have been staying in London due to my sister's wedding coming up this week.

And also. I have a suprise for her.

But she would figure that out later.

To be honest, I don't even know why Anthony and Beverly are coming, because unless they want to explore the city. Me and Ellie have plans of our own.

Whether he liked it or not.

I just had to do my job and make sure he is completely convinced that this is pure business and nothing else.

Except at night. Then it's all fun and games.

****

Soon, the plane landed, which meant that I had to move Ellie from my arm.

And although I didn't want to do that, I knew that Anthony and Beverly would be here any minute, and she needed to wake up so I could move seats.

"Pst. El." I began to whisper.

She groaned as I felt her fingernails digging deeper into my dress shirt.

"I have to go sit in another seat. Your brother is coming."

Her head immediately jumped up fast. Almost hitting my head as her eyes were wide open, which caused me to chuckle.

Her hair was a little messy. But I didn't mind one bit. If anything, it was sexy.

"Shit. I completely forgot they were here too." She said as he rubbed her mouth with her hand.

"Does my makeup look fine?"

I brought up my thumb as I smeared a small spot of lipstick that came off on the bottom half of her lip.

"You look beautiful with or without makeup love."

Her lips parted as my finger stayed their for a few seconds.

I could look at her all day.

But as soon as my mind switched back to reality, I remembered where I was.

"I have to go sit somewhere else." I said sadly.

She made a small pout face. "Although I don't want you to. I don't want him to kill you."

Right. I do believe it would be an even fight, though, but he was like a brother, so I still wouldn't want that to happen.

"I think I would kill him first. But another discussion for another time." I replied as I put my hand out in front of her face.

I slowly sat it back to my side as I leaned in and gave her a quick peck on the forehead.

"Don't worry. We'll have some fun later." I said with a wink.

She smirked as I sat up and walked to the seat behind her.

And as I took a seat. I immediately felt alone.

I wanted to go back to my original seat.

I wanted to sit next to her.

I wanted to hear her breaths against me, and I wanted to feel her hand on mine again.

When it comes to Ellie. I don't even know why. But I am so attached to her. Even when we bickered, I always felt like she was someone I had to protect with my life.

I always felt like she was someone that I could never let go of.

After, spending all this time with her, I realized that it wasn't an obsession. It was long. It was a long time for her. And it wasn't a want or a need.

It was something way better than that. Something I had been afraid of since I was a teenager.