45 | Flooded

*2 DAYS LATER*

Nikolai's POV:

My ears have been filled with beeps for the last couple of days, as I haven't moved from this recliner for the past 2 days.

The only time I have even moved an inch is when the doctor walks in, I have to piss, or my stomach forces me to go and get food.

But. I have had absolutely no appetite. My tastebuds are numb and my eyes are so fucking tired.

I haven't slept in days. And honestly it's for the best.

I am sitting here with my elbows sitting against the bed, as Ellie lays here on the bed. Machines hooked up to her. A mask attached to her face, helping her to breath, her shoulder patched up from shoulder.

And her face covered in scratches and bruises.

She wore a hospital gown as the nurse was kind enough to brush her hair since it was in tangles.

Everything inside of me hated seeing her laying here. I had to keep telling myself that this was only temporary. But of course, my brain always has that one negative thought that she wasn't going to wake up. Which was a lie.

I was just thanking God, that I got her out in time.

She suffered from a gunshot wound to the shoulder and her lungs were over 70% covered with smoke.

Investigations were currently in development at my office to discover the exact person who set the fire and did this to Ellie and her mother.

And as soon as I found out who did this horrible act. They would fucking pay. They WOULD suffer. I wouldn't end their life and give them the easy way out like how I did for Daniel.

HE deserved to suffer. But to be honest, I was so worried about Ellie, I didn't even care what happened to him at that moment.

Anthony has mainly been here to. Beverly stays at home with the boys, as he only goes home to either shower or to sleep.

Otherwise, he is here with me.

And to be honest, it's been Hella awkward.

I try to make conversation with him, but I guess he is still not over the whole thing with me and Ellie at London. So it's kind of weird.

Unfortunately though, Rosaline didn't make it.

The doctors that inspected her body said she lost to much blood and there would have been no way she would have made it. But, the doctor did tell me, that she fought. And she didn't give up, which Anthony found peaceful.

But I think me and him had the same reaction. Sadness of course, I mean he is devesated and honestly me to.

Rosaline was all Ellie and Anthony had. And now she is gone.

Anthony cried for a day straight, and now I think he is numb.

But we both couldn't imagine what that must have been like for Ellie.
She WATCHED her die in her arms. Held her on her last breath, watched as she bled out. She watched as her own mother suffered.

She is probably so twisted she can't see straight.

I couldn't imagine. Being locked in a bathroom and watching your mother bleed out and die in your arms. I know that if that ever happened to me, I would probably never recover.

She is so fucking strong. I just wish I could have done more.

I reached for her hand as I grasped it in my grip, squeezing it gently.