31 | Lunch

*THE NEXT DAY*

Ellie's POV:

"Alright. Let's hope their won't be a robbery at this restaurant." Beverly said as she sat across from me.

I scoffed. "Hell. I wouldn't be shocked it their WASN'T."

Beverly chuckles as she took a sip of her mimosa.

Me and Bev decided to come down to this sweet little Cafe a couple of blocks from the hotel for brunch. One because she wanted a break from Anthony and his constant obsession with phone calls from the office and two, because we needed some girl time.

It pained me that the ONE thing I wanted to talk to her about, was Nik.

And no matter how hard I want to, I can't. I couldn't ask her to keep it a secret from Anthony, because if he found out that he was the only one not in the loop of things. I don't know if he would ever forgive her. Especially because I am his family.

So although it caused many bruises in my heart, I ultimately know it's the right decision.

"So, how's your trip going so far?" Bev asked as she sat her glass down.

I sighed out. "Very interesting. You?"

She shrugged her shoulders as she quivered her lip. "Yeah. I would pretty much say the same. Me and Anthony have been TRYING to do things together. But we always get interrupted with phone calls."

I chuckled. "Yup. That's Anthony. Always so focused on work."

She laughed. "I mean, it's constant. I was just glad that he finally told them to stop bothering him for one day so me and him could at least spend ONE day together without hearing that dumbass ring tone."

I laughed.

"What about you? How have things been going with you and Nik?"

I took a sip of my own drink, as I looked at her with a confused expression.

Play the part.

"What do you mean?"

"The dress?" She asked as she took a bite of her omelet.

"Oh. It's going fine. His sister really loved the dress, and actually we are going to the engagement party tonight."

She nodded. "Ah, well that sounds like fun! And I am glad she liked the dress. You are so talented, girl."

I waived her off. "Come on. I have only made a few dresses."

"Yeah! And they've all been hits!" She responded with giddy.

"Everyone that you have created dresses for, have absolutely loved them El."

"I know." I said as I began to cut up my own food.

"But I am sure you and Nik will have a wonderful time tonight."

I glanced up from my plate, as I found her eyes were staring down into mine with deception and suspicion.

"Oh stop. I have already told you it's not like that."

"I didn't say anything."

I dropped my fork as I crossed my arms as I sat my back in my chair. "Yes, but your expression says otherwise."

She swallowed her piece of food as she also sat her utensils down. But this time with ease.

"Well. I don't believe you based on what happened in Italy a few days ago."

Shit. I completely forgot about that.

"Nothing happened Bevelry, we were just talking."

Her eyes went up slightly. "Yes, but taking VERY close from what I could see."

I felt my body began to tingle up as nerves began to crease my skin.

"That was just from where you were standing."

A small groan came from her. "Oh come on Ellie! I know you like him! I am not blind."

I feel like I was about to throw up.

Everything inside of me was begging to tell her.

But I did my best to mask the pain, by sticking to the plan.

"I don't like him." Was all I could manage to say.

"Then how come everytime I am with you, Nikolai is practically eyeing you down like a dog looking at his next meal."

I took a bite of my food, before picking up my napkin and dabbing my face with it.

"He doesn't."

She couldn't help but laugh and smile at me. "You are a HORRIBLE liar Ellie Brown."

I rolled my eyes. "I am NOT lieing Beverly. He doesn't look at me like anything."

"Girl. He most certainly does. Nikolai has never looked at ANYONE like that. I am surprised Anthony hasn't noticed yet."

Nikolai looks at me like a certain way? Sometimes I noticed.

But I never thought it was something I should have really payed attention to.

Or really studied.

I did however, notice that when he looked at me his gaze softened. And his pupils would dilate slightly.

His brown eyes, would light up and would practically shine. 

The corners of his mouth would lift gently as his teeth grazed his upper and bottom lip, waiting to bite mine.

His eyebrow would settle, and they wouldn't tense up.

His forehead would relax.

His jaw muscles on the other hand WOULD tense up to where you could see all of the crinkles on his face.

Fuck. My mind completely dazed out.

I take that back. I DO know how he looks at me now.

He looks at me with passion.

He looks at me with lust.

He looks at me with, well, love.

Or maybe I am just delusional, and don't know what I am talking about.

Or maybe I am finally coming to my senses and am now realizing that he looked at me like I was something he couldn't resist.

Like I was Irresistible.