Chapter Six; Runaway Mal

"So tell me, my little teacup, are you enjoying Auradon?"

"Yeah Dad, it's great." Mackenzie said, twisting the phone chord with her pointer finger.

Every Wednesday, she always made sure to have a call with her dad. But since Wonderland was underground they didn't have the next reception when it came to FaceTime. So the pair just decided a corded phone would be the best way for them to communicate.

"That's great!" He cheered, Mackenzie imagining his wide grin on the other side of the call.. "You know, you're former classmates miss you awfully so. There's not a day that goes by where Chandler doesn't ask for you!"

Ahh yes, Chandler Cat, son of the Cheshire Cat. They had grown up together and went school together until Mackenzie had moved Auradon.

"Well tell him to get a phone and then we can talk all the time." She snorted, knowing the cat was too stingy to give into modern technology.

"Will do. Tell me, have you made any new friends?"

"No, it's still the same friends." She sighed. "But I'm very happy with them. In fact, I'm trying to help Carlos confess his feelings to my roomie, Jane!"

"Ahhh, my darling little matchmaker! And tell me, how is helping Evie with her business? Have you designed any hats lately?"  The mad-man giggled.

"No hats yet dad, I don't think high-tops are as popular here as they are in Wonderland."

"What about Cotillion? Any luck on finding you a significant other to go with?"

Kenzie sighed a bit, staring outside her window. "No, I'll probably just hang out with my friends."

"Regardless, I am so proud of you Mac!"

"Thank you dad." She said, smiling widely at him. "I miss you though. I miss you most of all."

"I do too! But summer will be here before you know it, yes?" Mackenzie nodded at her dad's words.

"Yes dad." She sighed. "Dad, why is a raven like a writing desk?"

"Wouldn't you like to know?" He responded mischievously.

Before she could respond, the door slammed open, Evie coming in quickly. Noticing the panic look on her face, Mackenzie quickly said her goodbyes to her father before ending the call, having to unwind the cord trail before she did so. "Evie, what's th-!"

"Mal ran away!" She practically shrieked, Mackenzie's eyes widening at the news.

"You're kidding! Where did she run off too?" Mackenzie asked, standing in front of Evie. Even paused, looking towards the window. Following her gaze, she was met with the dreary island that ruins the perfect scenery of the vast ocean.

"The Isle of the Lost!" The hatter exclaimed. "I mean, it makes sense, but why now?"

"I don't know!" Evie whined, taking a note out of her pocket. "All I know was that I found this note folded up on my bed!" Mackenzie grabbed it, reading the short paragraph before sighing.

"Does Ben know?"

"No, I couldn't find him."

"We'll be must be in his dorm by now." Mackenzie concluded. "You need to go tell Ben what you found out. I'll go get Jay and Carlos, ok?"

"Ok." Evie choked out, taking the note back from her.

"Don't worry Evie, we'll bring her back." Mackenzie promised before the two separated, Mackenzie heading to Jay and Carlos' dorm.