Chapter Eight; The Isle

"Jay, keys and remote!" Ben said, throwing it to him

"Jay, keys and remote!" Ben said, throwing it to him. Jay caught with ease as they stopped on the last step.

"Wait!" Evie said urgently. Everyone froze, looking at her in worry. She sighed, adjusting Ben's beanie forward and loosening Mackenzie's pigtails. "That's better."

To 'blend in' Evie had insisted on giving Ben and Kenzie makeovers. For Ben, she made his messier and changed his royal clothing to punk/street-style clothing. For Mackenzie, she sprayed the blonde part of her hand a dark blue and gave her a darker color palette.

"Ok do we have everything?" Ben asked.

"Yeah, now let's head out!" Jay confirmed.

"Woohoo, I call shotgun!" A familiar voice called. Looking down, Mackenzie snorted when she saw Dude, but laughed way harder when she saw the other three's faces.

"No Dude, stay! The Isle is way too dangerous." Carlos ordered. Dude made a disappointed noise, laying down sadly.

"Did he just...?" Jay questioned.

"Talk? Yeah, he does that now." Mackenzie replied nonchalantly. "Though I suppose he could always, just in a language that our human brains are not capable of translating."

They all nodded, quickly getting into the limo. "Ok, once we cross the bridge we need to park in the old garage. Got it?"

"Got it!" Jay replied, beginning to drive the limo away. Mackenzie watched through he window how the golden bridge appeared, her eyes widening in awe at the sight. Once they got to the Isle, everyone quickly got out of the car.

"Ben, help me with the tarp." Carlos said, pulling an old sheet out. Together, the two placed it over the car. Evie moved closer to Mackenzie, grabbing her hand for some sort of comfort.

"It's weird being back here." Mackenzie looked at her, nodding a bit.

"You guys won't get stuck here again. We'll get in and get out."

"Hey, what's in here?" Ben asked, standing at the end of what appeared to be a tunnel.

"You don't want to know." Jay said, quickly pulling him away.

"Guys, chill." Carlos said to everyone, making a group circle. "The last thing we need is our parents finding out that we're here." They all nodded before heading in the opposite direction.

Mackenzie followed at the end of the pack, looking around at what she assumed was the market area. It was bland, nothing like Auradon or Wonderland, both places having such vibrant colors...

She gasped when a child ran into her, grabbing the child's wrist by instinct. She hadn't noticed a second kid taking her wallet from her back-pocket until Evie grabbed her hand, ripping the wallet from the thief. "Stop it!"

Mackenzie looked between the two children, noticing their both terrified and desperate looks before sighing, letting go of the child she was holding and grabbing her wallet, handing it them. "Just take it." She said. The two little ones looked at her before quickly running off, giggling on the way.

"You didn't have to do that you know." Jay said. Mackenzie shook her head, looking at him.

"Yes I did." She insisted.

"Where did Ben go?" Evie asked. The four looked around before spotting him upward along the path they were taking. Sighing, they all immediately ran after him.

They found him in a more open area, a pirate-looking guy coming at him. Carlos and Jay immediately stepped forward, shooing the guy away.

"Ben stop!" Evie said, taking ahold of his arm and pulling him away.

"Why?" Ben asked, genuinely confused.

"This isn't a parade, it's the Isle of the Lost."

"Keep your hands in your pockets unless you're steeling."

"You either slouch or strut." Carlos added, pointing at Kenzie.

"And never, never, ever smile."

"Ok, thank you."

"No!" Evie exclaimed, putting a finger to his lips. "No 'thank you''s and no 'please' too. Just... chill."

"So we're chilling... like a villain?" Mackenzie asked, giggling a bit. Carlos nudged her with his arm.

"Yes, but no giggling and smiling. Remember?"

Mackenzie nodded, pursing her lips into a straight line. "Right. I have to be serious." She said, taking a deep breath in and out.

"So slouch and strut?" Evie nodded. Ben took a breath before beginning to do so. If you asked Mackenzie she would say that he looked totally ridiculous. Especially when he bumped into someone, making the guy drop everything.

"Hey man, hey..." the stranger said as the other four joined Ben. "Hey I know you!"

"Uh, no... don't know you either man." Ben said, trying to play off the "cool dude with a bad attitude" vibe.

"Uhhh, yeah you do!" The guy scoffed. "C'mon man, really? Dude I'll even give you a hint! My dad is quick, slick, and his neck," he listed out, pointing to his own neck, "is incredibly thick!" Ben looked at the others in confusion.

It was then that the stranger, that Ben and Mackenzie will learn that his name is Gil later, just so happened to notice an anti-King-Ben poster hanging on the alley wall. Looking back and forth, the other soon noticed and looked back and forth with him.

"Ohhhh, you're King Ben!"

"I-I don't think so!" Ben said before the five ran away from Gil.

"Yeah, you totally are King Ben! And Jay, Evie Carlos hey guys! And girl with the two-colored hair I don't know you but I'm Gil! And I'm... single." Gil said, standing there in the alley-way by himself before a thought came into his head. "Ooooooo, Uma is gonna love this!" He laughed before running off.