Chapter Eleven; Ben Takes After His Father

"Ben!" Carlos yelled out, only for his echo to answer him back

Carlos, Jay, Harry, Gil, and Mackenzie had been put in charge to go find Ben. Well the guys were anyways, Mackenzie volunteered mainly so she could look for Chandler. And of course Dude was there to track down his scent.

"Do these just grow everywhere?" Gil asked, picking some berries off a nearby bush and shoving them into his mouth. Sighing at the taste, he then looked over at Jay. "Hey, we should play that icebreaker! Jay, I like the way that you can bounce around and jump off things." He then looked at the berry he was holding. "These are free, right?"

"Thanks." Jay replied, chuckling as he walked next to Gil. "I like how you can get such a kick out of a berry bush."

"I bet you're used to having all your food on bushes."

"Actually, no." Jay replied, shaking his head at him. "I actually just use the vending machines after practice. You know, tourney."

"Tourney?!" Harry cackled, looking at Jay. "That's a wee boy's game!" Mackenzie smacked his chest, shaking her head at the young pirate.

"Be nice." She scolded before walking past him. Harry watched her walk away, looking at her up and down before smirking, leaning on a tree as he watched her. "Chandler!" She called, cupping her mouth to help make her voice slightly louder. Harry glared a bit at the name, his chest tightening slightly.

He had learned from Carlos about the mischievous feline-like boy. Chandler Cat was apparently Mackenzie's old and bestest friend from Wonderland, and apparently they just so happened to be as close as 'two peas in a pod' or whatever saying the smaller boy used.

Marking the tree with his hook, he could only seethe silently at thought of him. He had a feeling that's who Mackenzie was dancing with at Cotillion last year. Well may the sea gods damn his soul if he, the son of Captain Hook, was going to lose to a blasted cat!

He huffed as he heard Jay and Gil ramble on and on about some adventures Gil wanted to go on. "You guys are killin' me!" He snapped, standing in between them. He then looked at the berries, picking one of the bush with his hook before putting it in his mouth. Chewing it, he hummed at the sweet flavor, nodding a bit before sighing. "Carlos, your mutt went that-a-way."

"Carlos!" Dude yelled right after, the boys immediately following. Harry stopped, looking around when he spotted Mackenzie.

"Hightopp, are ya comin'?" He asked, grabbing her attention. She nodded before catching up to him. He huffed a bit, grabbing a couple of berries before following the group.

Joining besides her, he picked a berry from his hand with his hook, offering it to the girl. She looked at it before looking at him, and then chuckled slightly, taking it from him and putting it in her mouth. "The berries hear are less tart then some of the ones in Wonderland." She said, smiling a bit at the memory. "I remember this one time when I challenged my friend he couldn't eat two buckets of Sneezeberries in an hour."