Chapter Sixteen; Peace and Goodbyes

After the defeat of Audrey, everything in Auradon seemed to return back to a normal state

After the defeat of Audrey, everything in Auradon seemed to return back to a normal state. Citizens woke up, and the ones that were turned into statues were set free from their stone prison.

Mackenzie was walking around with Harry and Uma, the duel-colored hair girl holding the pirate's free hand. She was looking for a specific person, ignoring how the students of Auradon have the trio side-eyes.

"Who are you looking for again?" Uma asked, side-eyeing a couple of prep students before looking back at the crazy girl.

"My dad." She sighed, tapping her foot. Uma sighed back at her, looking at Harry.

"I'm gonna go find Gil. I'll catch you later, mate." Harry nodded as she walked off, students running to get out of her way.

Mackenzie let out a nervous breath, her nerves getting to her when she didn't see her Father right away. "What if he didn't come back? What if he's still a statue?" She rambled, squeezing Harry's hand tighter.

"Love..."

"What if he did turn back but something isn't right? Like only half of his body is unfrozen and the other half is still a block of cement! How is he going to Flutterwagon again?!"

"Love." Harry laughed, the girl turning to pout at him. The pirate was smiling fondly, moving to caress her face with the curve of his hook. The girl shivered slightly at the cold metal but found an odd comfort in the way it felt. The dark-haired boy then nodded over to the left of them, him having that smile on his face still. Turning her head, she gasped happily when she saw the back of her Father's head.

"Dad!" She yelled, the Mad Hatter turning to the sound of his name only to catch a glimpse of Mackenzie before she tackled him into a hug.

"My little teacup!" The Mad Hatter laughed, twirling his daughter in the air.

"Oh Dad! You're ok!" She sighed as she was sat back down. "I was so worried! Everything is back to normal with you?"

"Yep! I can still Flutterwagon like no tomorrow, dragonfly." The girl giggled, Harry who was standing in the back smiled at the sound. That's when the Hatter noticed him, the ginger raising one of his fuzzy eyebrows. "And who is this Cheshire Cat-like specimen?"

"Oh!" Mackenzie laughed, looking at Harry. Smiling at him, she offered him a hand. The young pirate hesitated for a moment before slowly taking it, gasping in surprise when he was tugged right next to her. "Harry, this is my Father; The Wonderfully crazy Mad Hatter! And Dad, this is Harry! He's my..." she trailed off, not knowing what to say about their relationship. She had a fancy for him for sure, and they had shared a kiss already. But was he her-

"I'm her boyfriend." Harry finished, interrupting her thoughts.

"Boyfriend?" Mad Hatter asked, staring at his daughter for confirmation.

"... Yes." She mumbled, looking at Harry who was looking at her. Her brown eyes met his blue eyes, and they both felt a warm fuzzy feeling in their chests. "Yes! He's my boyfriend! My wonderfully crazy boyfriend, who's just as mad as me!" She then looked at her father, a mischievous grin on her face. "My pirate boyfriend!"

"A pirate!" The hatter scoffed, putting a hand on his chest. This made Harry become unchaacteristically nervous. "How... wonderful!" Harry felt himself physically relax at the Hatter's words, the man having such a crazy smile that it comforted him in a sense. "I should've known that my little teacup would've gotten into such mischief, and of course you would find someone just a crazy as us." Patting his daughter's head, he then turned to Harry before pulling him into a tight handshake, shaking his entire upper-body in the process. Harry's widened eyes made Mackenzie giggle happily, smiling fondly.

After all, her Father and her love liked each other.

The moment was almost perfect until she noticed Uma and Gil walking up to them, Uma sending Mackenzie a sorry look. That's when she remembered that Harry had to go home...

Sighing, she took a step forward to her Dad and Harry, gently removing her Dad's hand from Harry's. In confusion, the pirate looked at Mackenzie, seeing her sad smile. He then looked back, seeing his crewmates. "Oh..." he breathed out, looking back at her. "Oh no. I... I have to go."

"I know." Mackenzie sighed. "I know." She then looked at her dad quickly before looking back at Harry. "I'll go with you."

"No, lassie, no." The pirate shook his head, closing his eyes tightly to avoid looking into her beautiful eyes. "You need to be here, lovely. You deserve to be in a place as beautiful as this... not the Isle."

"I want to be with you though." She said, shaking her head. Putting her hands on either side of his face, Harry finally looked at her and felt his heart break at her pained expression. "Here, there. Doesn't matter as long as I'm with you. Don't you understand that?"

"I know." He replied, feeling himself drop his hook on the ground to be able to hold her hands. "But I want you to be here.... It's safe here now. On the Isle though... it's never safe."

"How will I ever see you again though?" Mackenzie asked, a tear falling from her eyes. Harry was quick to catch with his thumb, wiping it away gently.

"I've found you before after being separated, yeah?" He asked, his love nodding. "So what makes you think I won't find you again somehow?" Harry smiled when his words got a bashful giggle out of her, moving his hands to hold her wrist.

"Harry..." hearing Uma, the two teens sighed at her hesitance, but yet they understood her warning.

It was time for Harry to go now.

So placing a kiss on her forehead, the two lovers smiled at each other one last time, trying to study their face one last time, before Harry hesitantly left.

The ride back to the Isle was a painful one for Harry Hook, the pirate glaring at the window as they crossed the magical bridge between two lands. The boy had a knuckle-white grip on his hook, Uma and Gil both noticing.

"Harry, you're gonna bust a vein." Uma said, only getting a huff in response.

Entering the Isle, the trio stepped into the empty alley, watching as the driver immediately took off. Sighing, Harry then mumbled something incoherent before storming off, leaving the other two to watch with pitiful looks.

When they teenaged pirate entered the old ship, he stuck his hook in a wooden table, not caring for his prized artifact as if now or the fact that he was being watched from the crows nest of the ship.

The fearsome Captain Hook hasn't seen his son for days, and when he comes back he comes with a rotten attitude and a liking for stabbing? That was his boy alright.

Sliding down the flag rope, he smiled at the feeling of rope-burn on his hands before following his son inside the ship quarters, grabbing his hook on the way.

"So, son," Harry mentally cursed when he heard his Dad's voice behind him, "where have you been off too?"

Slowly turning around to face his dad, Harry made sure to wear his manic grin as he took a few steps closer to the captain. "And why does it matter?"

"Now, now, my boy!" Hook laughed, patting his shoulder mockingly. "Learn to answer a question."

"And you learn to fuck off!" he hissed with a smile before shoving past his dad.

Slamming the door shut to his room, he didn't care if that made his Father angry, for he was angry as well. Because the only person he has ever loved more than himself, he was forced to have leave.