Chapter Fourteen; Lies

Sneaking behind a tree, the group of kids (besides Jane, Doug, and Gil who were off searching for Fairy Godmother) watched the cottage for a moment before looking back at another

"You guys ready?" Ben asked, looking back at the group. When he received a series of head nods, he crept from behind the tree and ran towards a gate door. Opening it with a creak, the others followed him in. Mal had her ember at the ready, Uma had her shell, and Harry had his hook. "Ok, on three..." Ben trailed off when they reached the cottage's door. "One, two,-"

"Just open it." Chandler sighed out, crossing his arms at the king. Sighing, Ben took a second before slamming it open.

Piling into the wooden cottage, the group looked around, their weapons and fists at the ready, only to realize it was totally empty. Closing the door behind her, Mackenzie scrunched her eyebrows in confusion. "What in the frabjous day...?" She trailed off, looking around the cottage. 'It's cozy' , she thought, 'if I was a villain I would definitely hide out here'

Moving towards a door, Mackenzie leaned up slightly to see what was on the other side of the door, only to jump away quickly when something started to bang on the other side.

Quickly moving towards Kenzie, Harry at his hook at the ready, eyes wide as he stared at the door like he was waiting for a monster to come out and attack. Biting the inside of his cheek, Ben went towards the door to look through the window, rolling his eyes a bit at what he saw. Opening it roughly, Mackenzie had to hold in a laugh as she saw Chad Charming, of all the Charming's in the land, in a fetal position on the floor.

"Chad?" Ben questioned, raising a brow.

"I want my mommy." He whimpered out, hugging his knees tightly. When Ben reached down to help him up, he jumped away at first before accepting Ben's help.

"What happened buddy?" Looking around the cottage like he was making sure there wasn't any danger. Visibly relaxing, he looked at Ben, his eyes widening like he just realized who had helped him up.

"Ben? Ben!" Chad exclaimed, grabbing the collar of his jacket. "Your face..." he trailed off, grimacing at his beard before looking over his shoulder at Mackenzie. "Crazy, is she gone?"

"Uh... yeah."

"She's really gone?" Mackenzie nodded one more time, the boy laughing as she shoved Ben out of his grasp. "I'm free!" He chuckled before running towards the door and out of the cabin. "Freedom!"

"Well then..." Harry giggled, lowering his hook as he started to mock Chad by waving his arms everywhere. "Did you see that? Hehehehe, whole lot of crazy, even for us, yeah?" Rolling her eyes a bit, the mad-girl grabbed his jacket and pulled him out of the cabin with the others.

"I say we go and get this Audrey chick taken care of already." Uma said, Mal laughing as she nodded her head in agreement.

"You know, some day, you guys are gonna have to tell me how you all got teamed up." Ben chuckled, grabbing Mal's hands as he looked over at Harry and Mackenzie. "Especially you two."

Blinking at the King, Mackenzie looked down at the dirt as she felt herself blush. She was always so flustered when it came to topics such as these things, especially when it came to topics about Harry Hook.

"Actually, Mal promised to let all the kids off the isle." Evie hummed gently, making the Hatter smile.

'That's why I did this, that way Harry and I could actually have a chance.' She thought, a small grin forming on her face as she looked at the back of Harry's head. 'I'm afraid I really am truly mad for him.'

In her thoughts, she didn't notice Ben's fallen face until Mal had spoken. "I have to tell you guys something." Coming to a stop, the group stared at her expectantly. "Um... I... I lied to you." She stuttered out, making Mackenzie's heart drop slightly as she moved closer to Harry. "The kids won't be coming off the isle."

"What do you mean?" Jay asked.

"The program has shut down. And the barrier will be closed for good."

"For Auradon's safety." Ben added. Hearing Harry seethe next to her, Kenzie was quick to grab his hand and look up at him.

"Did you know?" He snapped, his frustration taking a toll on him.

"I- I sensed their was something up but... I didn't think it would be that." She answered sadly, looking at Mal. The purple haired girl just gave her a desperate look, at a loss for words as Uma stepped up.

"So we're saving your precious people, and you behinds, for a lie?" The sea captain asked, walking up to Mal. When Mal didn't answer, Uma scoffed and shook her head. "I knew it was a mistake to trust you."

"And you," Harry snapped again, this time towards Ben, "King Ben, aye?" He laughed before his movements faltered, a genuine disappointed look on his face.

"You know, I actually thought you were brave." Celia choked out to Mal. "But you're nothing but a chicken. A chicken was too scared to tell me that I would never see my dad again."

"Celia..." Mal trailed off, not having Tim to react before Celia grabbed Mal's ember and threw it into a bird bath filled with water. "Celia! No!" Mal shouted in a panic, only for Celia to ignore her as she ran off from the group.

"Let's go Harry, we need to find Gil." Uma said, walking off as well. Harry sighed a bit, looking down at Mackenzie before slowly taking his hand back, preparing himself to never see the girl again as he followed Harry.

Watching the pirate leave, Mackenzie felt a hand being placed on her shoulder as the person started to talk. "Mac, I say we go back home as well. Back where we belong." Chandler advised, trying to pull the girl away only for her to not budge. "Mackenzie?"

"Harry! Harry, wait!" She suddenly called before running off in the direction Uma and Harry went, ignoring Carlos and Chandler's calls. For once a Hatter made up their mind, their mind was made.

She had decided that she loved Harry Hook, and that she wasn't going to loose that feeling again.