Chapter 18: The Party at the Ruby Palace

The night the planned "event"...

Ely's POV:

"Where's the carriage?"

I stared at Ezran who smiled at me and snapped his fingers.

A mana charged portal swirled in front of us, it started expanding until it was wide enough to fit is both.

The servants including Milford and Mrs. Carter who was seeing us off, seem unaffected.

Which mean that my husband has used this many times.

"Best to enter the party in style. Make sure that everyone remembers the power our family holds." his hands glowed as he offered an arm. "Shall we go?"

"Yes. Let's go." I took his arm and we both walked into the black portal which swallowed us up.

-------------------------------------------------

When we suddenly arrived in front of the Prince's Palace.

Everyone took notice of us immediately, giving us a wide berth until the shocked announcer croaked a bit before opening his mouth.

"T-T-The Duke and Duchess Aisenburg!"

The whole crowd who were inside all turned to see us when we arrived.

There a few who looked at Ezran and stayed quiet while averting their gazes.

A few whispers and gasps of astonishment fell within my hearing as I glided down the stairs, wearing a gown quite different from the usual fashionable bell capped shoulder sleeves and sweetheart neckline gowns with puffy skirts.

For one thing, the material use for the gown was something my father sent to me not too long ago.

He said the it was a treasured silk made by the Fey.

He even included a few illustrations of Feyan gowns that were elegant, devoid of the puffy skirts and skirt crinoline, opting for form fitting sleeves and form-fitting gowns with intricate pleats and embroidery to make up for the lack of volume.

The results was something similar to the Elven dress that was worn in the movie LOTR.

For once, nobody said anything about me.

And my husband's obvious affection for me kept the naysayers' gossip to a minimum.

In fact, a few men blushed when I stared at their direction. But my husband's head would on down to whisper that I only look at him.

Everyone who was used to the duke's cold manner were once again shocked.

And it shows in their face.

For my husband was showing a soft expression of adoration.

This was a show of power. I have my husband's affection so they can't snob me...

Not here. Or Ever.

------------------------------------------------------

The party to celebrate the diplomats residing in the Royal Grounds are an annual celebration to show the Holy Kingdom's willingness to negotiate and flourish with the foreign kingdoms beyond the sea.

Silang.

Ming and Ryu.

They are the first 3 kingdoms from the Exotic Lands to make contact and trade with us.