Chapter 20: Delicious Duck Course

Belmont's POV:

I have witness many sides of women.

I fear their dark, sinister and devious ways most of all.

And I don't like those who are willing to do anything or trample over anyone just to gain power and attention.

Which is why I don't have any affection for the Queen and my sister Miranda.

But recently I have begun to develop an interest in my little sister Anneal whose hidden talents are greater than I thought.

She was seated on my private table along with Ezran and the Ming diplomats, viewing the entire cooking event with wide eyes of wonder and excitement.

I turned to check on her and turned to see Lady Alaina with her team in action.

The Duchess....

She was also female but I have noticed that she was entirely different from the sly women I am accustomed to.

She even made me aware of the fact that Anneal has a hidden talent for organizing events and parties. That she has a good head for numbers, planning events and paperwork.

Why...she helped me organize this party so well that it made our relationship even better.

I can see why my little sister admires the duchess...

Because right now, She is currently fighting to stump out the vicious rumors that paints her in a bad light.

A weak willed woman would leave the capital.

A reticent wife with a powerful husband would have been satisfied letting her partner solve her problems.

But she chose to turn her cooking skills into a weapon to shut down these baseless rumors.

A few people's loud cries made me smile at the fluid and graceful movements she displayed and the calm yet firm way she guides her team to finish every dish while she filled in for any gaps the team had with her cutting and cooking skills.

The way everyone's eyes followed how she assisted the plating team to garnish the dishes by showing her flair for an arrangement that looked like a miniature garden.

There was silence and reverence in the air. I can see the guests becoming entranced at the masked lady who pulled the bell the moment the last herb and sauce was done.

The first round of food. The appetizers are ready to eat.

A line of my staff  surrounded the dome as the chefs opened the domestic  windows to allow the servants to take the finished plates from the plating station table as they began work on the entree round.

While the servants distributed the plates containing the beautiful looking appetizers.

Each guest's plate was like a mueal come to life.

A card was given to each plate as well.

The theme for the appetizers was:

{Summer Garden}

Stuffed Tomato Rose with Amber Consomme garnished with herbs and radish slices along with crispy seared duck and vegetable mini skewers.

"B-beautiful..."Anneal looked enchanted at the small plate.

Indeed. Even the food menu sounded so scrumptious.

 Even the food menu sounded so scrumptious