Chapter 23: Purple Flames (R-18)

A week later...

The Aisenburg's Bedroom..
Midnight.

Alaina's POV:

The nights are colder now.

Fall Season is officially here....

I looked out the window where the tree foliage slowly changed to either orange or red.

In my hand was a letter that Lord Ming Sai wrote me.

After he barely managed to master the recipe; they immediately set sail towards Ming as time is of the essence for them.

That was just a week ago.

*[ Fun fact: It typically takes a month to get back to Ming from Illios. ]

In his letters, he thanked me for teaching him the recipe and said that if I ever visit Ming; I have a place to stay and two allies to vouch for my reputation and skills.

He even wanted to do an official sworn siblings ceremony to show his appreciation.

According to my husband, it is similar to an oath of brotherhood.

This would mean that Lord Sai will officially be like another brother who swore to defend my honor and we will be siblings by oath.

But I guess that will be a story for another time.

I smiled and wished him well. I hope that he reaches his kingdom and cures his sister is with him.

I must have been lost in thought as I shivered when a gust of wind blew past me.

......Come back..

"Hmm?"

.....Ome.....ba...c..

An odd echo suddenly made me turn around.

.....cl...oser...c..ome..closer....

Shaking my head, I looked around the dimly lit bedroom.

My husband is still in the bathing room so what...?

The fireplace's flames flickered and danced around as I stared at it. The hues shifted around like a mesmerizing temptation as the colors looked vibrant tonight.

Was the fire violet before?

So... beautiful...

I reached out to it as the voice became clearer.

This time I knew that it was a male's voice.

....closer....come....to me...

-------------------------------------------------

"Wife!" My husband's voice snapped me out of it as a strong pair of arms pulled me back.

I yelped as I landed on my husband. His half naked torso gleamed from a recent bath and his black hair was still damp and messy from a hasty effort to wipe it.