Fifteen

Jericho

I may have failed in protecting Eden from these filthy bastards, but just as I promised her, not a single ghoul takes a breath as I watch the sun rise over the tree tops as I clean their putrid blood from the blade of my scythe. The night was long as I pierced the silence with their screams.

Even as they retreated, I followed until I knew I had slaughtered them all.

Filthy bastards!

I make my way to a nearby stream and clean off as much of their blood as possible before deciding to make my way back to Eden.

My Eden.

I place my hand on the ground before summoning a portal. You can't teleport to the underworld, it's forbidden. You must use the portal gateways so anyone who enters doesn't go unnoticed. If you try to teleport you'll end up straight in the depths of the pits, the most unholy of places.

"Ad infernum!" I command as warmth spreads up my arm before a large portal appears before me. I stand and step through the portal and into the Kingdom of Hades.

I inhale deeply, longing for the sweet smell of my woman to calm me down after my fight with the ghouls.

But I do not smell her. I don't sense her. And I don't fucking sense Ajal. He was supposed to bring her here to Hades, he has the best healers in the underworld.

"Jericho!" A familiar voice echoes through the large room. "My boy, what are you doing here?" Hades asks me as his inky eyes take in my form with scrutiny.

"Don't play fucking games with me, Hades. Where is my mate?" I demanded of him, growing increasingly mad by the second, knowing he would have sensed her presence the moment she entered his realm, and he would have known exactly who it was, Hades knows the name of all souls, living and deceased.

"Your mutt took her straight to Melinoe, as you know she's been staying at your home for the past century, Jericho." Hades says before making a tisking noise at me.

Annoying old bastard.

"Then my business here is done, I have nothing else to say to you, old man." I say as I turn to leave in search of my mate before my idiot brothers make their way to her.

Ajal, you little shit. Never listens to me.

"You still haven't gotten ahold of Aries yet, Jericho. Your window of time to do so is growing slim each passing day." Hades says to me, momentarily stopping me.

"You mean your daughter? No, I haven't gotten her yet, I'm aware the darkening hour grows near if the light doesn't balance it out soon." I say, not caring to turn to face him again.

"The spirit realm is in chaos, too many souls coming in by the second. Too much depends on your success in capturing Aries, your mate is a useless distraction, Jericho. She will keep you from completing the task at hand." Hades says to me, the way he says mate almost like a curse infuriates me, and before I can stop myself I'm turning on the old man.

My hand reaches for his throat, but Hades is too quick, he easily dodges me while laughing at my attempt to harm him.

"GENUA!" The command in his voice is absolute as I'm forced to drop to my knee in front of Hades. "Foolish boy. You are no match for me. You're my creation." He says as he walks towards my kneeling form before slapping me across the face. "I OWN YOU." He says as he smiles down at me, enjoying the power he has over me.

"Fuck you, Hades." I state calmly, knowing no matter what I do, I'm forced into a useless kneeling man in the presence of a god when it comes to Hades.

BASTARD!