Twenty-Three

Jericho

"Where could he have gone?" Eden asks me while we search the mountains as we descend. Aries is no longer here, I can't feel her presence at all any more, and it's pissing me off.

This stupid witch has made me look like a complete fool, firstly using her abilities to mask her lies when we first met, seeming to give herself over so easily, but I detected no lie and was distracted by my newly found mate to give it more thought.

And now she has managed to avoid capture because I'm weak. Too weak to fight a legitimate goddess, anyways.

She's not making me look like a fool.
I am a fool.

"I'm not sure, Ajal left as soon as he realized what was going on. He couldn't have wandered too far though." I assure her. She's been worried about Ajal since she noticed he was missing, but the hound knows better than to just sit around.

I can't help but smile at the thought of Eden being worried for my hellhounds wellbeing.

Part of me is selfishly glad she hasn't mentioned that bitch since she got away.

Though I'm sure Eden's aware now that this task is too great for me alone, I'm not an idiot and going up against Aries alone would be a death wish for me.

I'll need help,
from my idiot brothers.

I hate the idea of having any of them tag along, but I know I'll need their backup, any Reapers available will be accompanying us on our journey. And if anyone has anything to say against it, I'll easily have Hades on my side.

We don't always get along, but in the end we all want the same thing, to stop the darkening from approaching.

The darkening is almost like a cloud, and those who commit the most evils dwell beneath it's cover. With all the Light witches disappearing and all the good they represented with it, the darkening grows closer, darkness officially taking over the light of this world.

We can't let the world fall to darkness, not so easily. If we can't find Aries, there has to be another way.

Maybe Eden is right that we can fight this another way, maybe no one has to die.

Either way, I'm forced to fulfill my job, I'm not allowed rest until it's been completed as ordered. So I'll continue my quest in finding the witch who's caused so much chaos for so many because of her own selfishness.

Her quest for power.

I stop walking, growing irritated that we've yet to find Ajal. "What's wrong?" Eden asks me.

"I can usually sense Ajal's presence, but I haven't come across it, and I'm wondering if that over grown dog went back without us." I tell her.

"What do mean without us?" She inquires. Though I know she probably won't be pleased, we have to go back to the Repears palace to figure out what we're going to do next, not to mention I'm going to be dragging a couple extra people along with us this time.

"We have to go back, a couple of my fellow Reapers are going to be joining us for the remainder of our journey." I inform her, and by the look on her face I'd say she isn't too happy.

"Which ones?" She asks with an eyebrow raised, and I already know she's thinking of Ozul, the dumbass who immediately went to trying to fuck my mate, a woman he'd not even met properly.

"The ones I allow." I state calmly to her. There's no way in hell I'd let that horny idiot tag along, he'd be nothing but a nuisance.

"Okay, just not Ozul." She says, and I can't help but smirk. "I knew you'd say that." I chuckle to her.