Sixteen

Eden

I look up at Jericho as he carries me down the hallways, waiting for him to answer me.

He sighs heavily before answering. "She's the Reapers appointed Seer.." He seems to trail off, indicating there's more to it than that. "And?" I say.

"And concubine.." He says, seeming to want this conversation to end.

Jericho told me it had been almost twenty years since he'd been with a woman. And everyone here is saying he's been gone for almost two decades.

"So you've fucked her." I state, not asking a question. "Put me down, now." I say to him.

"You're not even dressed, if I set you down the blankets will come loose around you." He says to me in a hushed tone. I wriggle against him anyways, trying to free myself from his hold, before he decides the fight isn't worth it and sets me down.

Just as he said, the blankets begin falling but I'm quick to pull them up around me again. I gesture for him to continue leading the way to his room. "Let's go before someone sees us." I say, growing more annoyed.

Jericho turns and begins walking again, realizing I'm not about to walk beside him. I follow him silently, feeling slightly embarrassed by my outburst and anger towards the fact he's apparently had a concubine just waiting in his house, ready to fuck him when he returned more than likely.

My irrational anger grows as I think on these things.

"Eden.. I can smell your anger." Jericho says to me.

"Well fuck your stupidly amazing sense of smell that can just read me like a damn book." I say to him, and instantly feel bad. "I'm sorry.." I mumble out, knowing I shouldn't be acting this way.

"Melinoe may be the Reapers concubine, but she wasn't mine, Eden. Not specifically. I've only been intimate with her a handful of times within the entire century she's lived in the Palace. And I haven't been with her in fifty years, the first half of the century we may have done a few things, but I never took an interest in her like my brothers who never found their mates did. The only thing I let her do was give me head." He says to me.

"Then who was the last woman you fucked? You said it was twenty years ago." I state, thinking the timing is all too perfect for it not to make sense he fucked her before leaving for two decades.

"Damnit Eden, this was all before I met you. As soon as I left this realm to begin my search for Aries I slept with some random human whore who I wouldn't be able to point out if I saw her again at this point." He says, I feel as though he's trying to ease my anger, but it only increases it.

"So you've fucked around with Hades daughter, and fucked some human whore, and probably thousands of other women, but won't fuck me." Jericho stops walking and turns to reach out to me, but I take a step back from him, discouraging him from touching me.

A knowing look crosses his face before he answers. "Because you mean more than some lowly concubine I couldn't give a fuck less about. Because you mean more than some sad whore, or any of the other women I've been with. Because sex with you isn't going to be meaningless to me, because that's what it was with them, meaningless. Because you are my mate, damnit, Eden. If I have sex with you I'm not fucking letting you go. Once I enter you that's it, you're mine. You need to be sure you're ready to take me as your mate, before I take you in every way possible and grow possessive over what I've been dreaming of my whole existence. Once I take you, you're MINE." He growls out, the possessive side of him showing itself.

My body reacts to his words in a shameful manner. "I'm not something to own." I simply state, ignoring my hearts excitement at his possessiveness over me.