11. THE LONGING

"My heart beats only for you
I swear that this is true
My soul craves you
Nothing else will do"

******************

Drake

We all want to believe in impossible things, I suppose, to persuade ourselves that miracles can happen. We just need a little faith in our hearts that you're meant to live a life full of positive and unexpected things. I had that kind of faith untill I saw the lifeless body of my brother lying there on his death bed. If it wasn't for my mate, I don't believe anyone would have seen Kenneth again. We're still in shock, how was she, a mare human was able to do it while we magical folks couldn't? I'm still clueless, just like my family.

"She summoned a Dragon. I still can't believe it." Said my sister, Alison. "You sure father, she's just a human, not a supernatural being like...half elf or something?" She asked, amazed. My father shaked his head. "No she's not. Sometimes, it just takes your will power and devotion that makes the unfeasible feasible." He said, in deep thought, sitting by the fire place. "Although, I believe she being his mate could be the reason too. Our beast are 10 times more protective, caring and loving towards our family comparable to the human counter part. I have no doubt, Felkor was back for his mate. That beast is more smitten with her than I thought." he smirked.

"Thanks to heavens for that little girl for bringing our son back because, I had lost all hope." Said my mother, chocking on her tears. "He's safe now Saphira. He's well. Our son is Alive." Said father, consoling her. "I'll just go and see what Gerald is doing. Tiara have to stay back for the night, given the circumstances." I said, they nodded. "You do that and have a talk with Tiara too. She has to moov here, to the fortress. I can't effort another episode from Kenneth or any of you in near future. Once Kenneth is well, you all better choose an auspicious night and claim her before your beast take over." He said, making me gulp.

"....Yes father." I walked away from their chamber and closed the door behind me. Easy for him to say. I don't even know how Tiara feels about all of this. Kenneth is a different story because they were..are in love but my brothers and me, I don't think we have a chance with her. How am I going to have this conversation with her? I walked towards the main corridor and found my brothers, Gerald and my brother is laws sitting together and chatting. As soon as I enterd, Gerald got up. "I think, she's staying?" He asked without wasting a second, in his neutral tone.

"Atleast for tonight." I said taking the glass of scotch Simon offered me. "In that case, I would like to go home. My mate is alone." He said, offering me his hand to shake. I smiled and took it. "Any message you would like me to pass to her?" I asked taking a seat. "Just make sure she's safe." He said, letting go of my hand. "With my life..." "OUR life" Said Brenton, interrupting me. I smiled. "Your sister will be back home safe tomorrow, Gerald. I promise." I said, meaning every word.

"I don't want to but I'm counting on that. Don't force her to stay. Let her have a say." He said, like I don't know that. "Call me if you need me. Anytime." He said, walking away. "I'll see you out." Said Blade, following him. The room was very quite, everyone busy in their own thoughts. "Do you think, she'll move here to live with us?" Asked Kaiden, looking at me. "She'll. Atleast for Kenneth." Said Blaze, playing with the rim of his glass. He's going through the same ache as all four of us.

"It's better if she stays at her place." I said, making my brothers frawn. "What? You know it's going to be hard to live separately Drake. After bonding, we're as worse as Kenneth if she's maintaining her distance." Said Brenton. "I wish, I had a little control there, keeping my hands to myself. The bond is killing me. And I couldn't even imagine you guys going through that kind of pain. I just feel so helpless and hopeless, it's indefinable." He said, making us all feel bad for him.