37. THE CONFRONTATION

"Hiding something in relation
is worse than telling lies...
Lies break trusts...
Hiding breaks a person..."

************************

Brenton

We waited for her to open the door. We tried for 2 more minutes, without any success. Having enough, I pushed my brothers aside and banged on her door. "Tiara I know, you're in there and can hear me pretty clearly, so listen. You can't keep running away from us. How long are you going to hide in there? Sooner or later, you have to come out and face us. I know you're mad and probably sad too, but let's talk this out ok?" We waited, but again, no answer.

I sighed. "Baby? We have all opened our minds to you already, just feel our desperation, pain and agony. See how much we regret pushing you away. Come out little mate. You don't want the entire kingdom to hear about our conflict right?" It was my last shot at trying for her to open that damn door. I'm fucking dying to see her face. Hold her in my arms and listen to her voice, even if the only thing that will come out of her mouth is the venom for us.

Just when me and my brothers thought, it's waste to bang our head on the door, untill she's willing to talk, the lock to the connected door miraculously clicked opened. We all straighten up, preparing ourselves for the inevitable. Slowly the gap between the door increased and my all so tired looking mate opened the door wide, giving us a clear view of her beautiful face, but more like, she might collapse at any second. That made me worried.

It's the sick feeling of staying away from your newly mated mate, that must have burned her out. "Are you OK, little one?" asked Drake, taking a step towards her. She didn't answer, but her watchful eyes and a sudden step back, made Drake stop in his track. Then her emotions hit me like never. She doesn't want us any closer. We felt the rejection too. Slowly but reluctantly, Drake took a step back. Fuck I hate this. When nobody spoke, still shell shocked, I tried. "Tiara?"

She turned to me with the same prostration and a blank face. "We know, you have millions of questions running through your mind right now. And maybe you hate us for keeping such a big thing from you, but you have to understand that we were just not sure if it's the right time to tell you. We know, you heard everything you need to know from Brian this afternoon and as you said earlier, we're a little late to come clean to you." No response yet.

We're just not sure...if the children carried our DNA Tiara, and we're still figuring it out, how the fuck it even happened? We would have come talked to you my mate. We just needed a little time to deal with the mess we created. That is all it was about. We were hiding things, yes but we didn't want to stress you more than you already are with the queen business and stuff. Do you believe my words, Tiara?" God Please.

She took a deep breath and exhaled. "Why do people feel they have to lie, hide things and being dishonest. Why can't we just be transparent, protect one another and love if you really do love someone." She delivered her first punch in a very weak voice. "Every healthy relationship is built on a foundation of honesty and trust. Secrecy is the enemy of affinity. I guess, it never bothered you guys, because it was your secret to keep. I bet, It would have been a different story, if the role were reversed. Right?" Fuck!

"Look Tiara. This is all a big misunderstanding or a well planned trap, set for all of us and we are curretly trapped. We were stressed and didn't want to involve you in this mess. But if you think we hid this news, because we cheated on you and created those babies willingly, you're wrong. We don't even know who those women are, that our father short listed 2 years back, incase we are mateless to bare a heir.