35. QUEEN OR MATE

"If you are neutral
in situations of
injustice, you have
chosen the side of
the oppressor."

********************

Tiara

When they said, Warewolf territory, I kind of pictured them as I had read in novels. A pack of 50 to 100 members, with a small community and an Alpha leading them? I was so wrong. It's called Warewolf kingdom, because there is this entire dense forest on north, which is ruled by one single Alpha king, who is Jonathan and his subjects has been divided into 5 different levels. The Alpha borns, the beta born, the delta born, the Omegas and few humans. Surprisingly, his beta female is a human too.

There is not much difference between them though. The difference is the way they train. Like the Omegas are most likely the pack members who does all administrative jobs just like the humans in their community. The Deltas are mostly the warriors although the Alphas and Betas are considered strongest than the other groups in the pack. They have total 4 lakhs of pack members, which is 3rd to ours, at 12 lakhs, the Fire kingdom, that includes Dragons, Phoenix, non magical shifters, Nobels, wizards and humans. 2nd I assume are the Canines, with approximately are 8 lakhs of pure and mix breeds.

Then at 4th place are the Fays kingdom, although we are not sure about their exact population. There population could be more than most of us all together. They just keeps to themselves in their mysterious magical world. I just got lucky to meet the fay king and princess on my Coronation day. 5th are the vampires. They are the least populated of us all at maybe a lakh and half, which is ruled by King Joan. I heard he is some how pure vampire born. Last but not the least the the giants. They are like humans, with no magical powers but, they too keep to themselves. Harmless creatures but very territorial. Nobody dares to cross their lands.

As our vehicle pulled, my guard surrounded our car and then me and my mates were requested to come out of it. As soon as we all stood at the entrace of the Warewolf king's mordern looking mansion, again a shock, because I was expacting it to be a Gothic looking fortress like ours, no offence. King Jonathan with his mate, Queen Ria and his Beta couple and few other officials welcomed us in their lands. I could smell food, which suddenly made me realize, I didn't have anything in the morning. My mates insisted, but I wasn't hungry. The Royal couple were lovely people and had two kids. A 7 years old son Name Philips and a 5 years old daughter name milli.

The kids instantly got attached to me like they have known me for years. Even after several failed trials of deciplining from their parents, they clinged to me throughout the lunch. "I'm sorry for their behavior your highness." The queen kept apologizing for her kids eagerness to stay with me. I just waved it off. "They are the cutest thing Ria. Don't worry about it. They are not bothering me at all." I said, looking down at both the bundle of joys, who sat on either side of me, throughout the lunch. My mates looked at the three of us fondly. Maybe imagining the same things as me. "Would you all like to take some rest, before I show you around, your highness?" Asked king Jonathan. I don't need any rest, but my mates looks like, they could use some.

"Thanks Jonathan. We would like to take some rest, if it doesn't delay our program for later this evening?" I said politely. "Not at all Queen Tiara. I'll ask someone to guide you to the guest room, we have prepared for you all. Please?" He said, standing up. The kids reluctantly let me go after I promised to take them with me on the tour this evening. An elderly woman showed us to our 2 rooms, which were attached to each other by a door. "Shit! I need to stretch." Said Kaiden, jumping on the bed and did just that, making me laugh. "Come here." He said, offering me his hand. I smiled and crawled on the bed beside him. I felt another presence behind me. Kenneth.