05

Evelyn POV

Well here I am. Kevin's house. I don't like this. This is a very bad idea. Scratch that it's a horrible idea! I can barely control my temper around him as it is.

But it's for a good grade. I need to pass my class so.... I have to woman up. I walk up to the front door and knock. An older women who looks to be in her 40's answers the door.

"Hi can I help you?"
"Uh is Kevin home we have to work on a project together"

She looks like she is kinda confused but is trying to hide that she is.

"Did Kevin not tell you I was coming over?"
"Well Kevin doesn't usually tell me anything"
"Why is that if you don't mind me asking"
"Kevin and I are not that close with each other let's put it that way"

I hear loud walking down the steps.

"Hunny who's at the door?"

It sounds like a older man.

"Oh I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself I'm Evelyn Miller I just moved in next door"
"I'm Eva, Kevin's in the shower so you can go wait in his room"
"Thank you"

Eva opens the door wider to let me in the house. The house is very modern but it doesn't have that warm home kind of feeling. It feels like it lacks any good memories.

"Kevin's room is upstairs, 3 doors down  on the right."
"Thank you"

I walk up the steps and I can't help but feel relieved that the conversation was over. It felt like everyone was being suffocated. When I reach the top of the steps I walk the 3 doors down like Eva had said. I turned right and I enter a bedroom.

This bedroom looks as if a teenager doesn't live in it. Where are all the. Posters of cars and naked women. The walls are bare and the selves are empty except one that has a single book on it.

I look at the book and the tittle is Robin Hood. My father used to read me all sorts of fairytales before he left me and my mom. I try not to think about the moments I had with him so I can protect myself from the feelings of disappointment, anger, sadness and betrayal.

I wipe a tear from my cheek that I hadn't noticed I let out. I hate this feeling. I don't like when I'm sad it makes me feel out of control and vulnerable.

I turn away from the shelf with the book on it and start to look around the room. The walls are painted a dark blue and there is one desk with a laptop on it and a black spin chair. The dresser is made out of oak. As well as a single twin bed made up very nice and neat.

This is definitely not what I expected Kevin's room to look like. But Kevin isn't a normal person. He's well... Kevin. I feel breathing down my neck and I straightened my posture.

"What are you doing Miller, are you snooping around my room"

I feel his hand travel up my arm and is caressing it. I stop breathing and I don't move.