08

Evelyn POV

Kevin and me are at the front door.

"Thanks for having me over"

"Any time Miller, it was my pleasure"

"I bet it was"

"I'll see you at school"

"Yeah bye Kevin"

I leave through the front door and start to walk home. What happened today between me and Kevin can never happen again. I wasn't in the right state of mind.

But god did it feel good. NO! I have to stop thinking like that. It was a slip up and will not happen a second time. I'm at my front door and use my key to open it.

My Mom isn't home right now. I wouldn't expect her to be. She usually gets home around 10 pm. It's only 8:50. I walk up the steps to my bedroom.

Boxes are still all around the house filled with things that should be out right now. But due to not wanting to unpack the boxes they are not. I enter my bedroom and plop my backpack on the floor.

I face plant on the bed. I roll onto my side and close my eyes. I could use a nap. It's been a very long day. Maybe just a quick 30 minute nap.
————————————————————
I wake up because I hear the front door close. That must be my mom. That also means I took a longer nap then I should have. Great now I'm going to have a hard time falling asleep tonight.

I get up out of bed and walk out my bedroom. I walk down the steps and I catch the smell of pizza. I walk into the kitchen where my mom is with pizza.

"Hey mom"

"Hey honey"

"How was work?"

"It was okay, had to stay late as usual"

"You need to stop doing that your over working yourself, and it's gonna cause burn out"

"I know but I have to play the bills some how"

We always have this conversation when she gets home. Every time she says the same thing. I worry about her a lot more then I should. But I can't help it she is my mom.

"I brought home pizza if your hungry"

"I'm starving thank you"

"No problem, its extra sauce and extra cheese just the way we like it"

"Your the best mom"

I give her a quick kiss on the cheek and open the pizza box. The smell of fresh pizza hits my nose like a brick. God I love pizza so much.