Ladybug

"I'm sorry. This was my fault. I brought you here and then basically locked you up in the library without explaining to anyone you were spending your days trying to save their lives. I should have held a banquet and announced the purpose of your visit. I'm sorry I was too wary of you Nora."

Rokan turned his back to her and watched the sky from her window.

"The man who hurt you is in prison. Even if I'm responsible for their ignorance, no one should choose violence as the answer. It sounds weird coming from a soldier but violence only results in darkness. He is being punished for that choice."

Rokan could feel the slight tremble in Evanora's fingers and the way her breathing got heavier.

"Nora, it was not okay to hurt you and you need to accept that. No one has the right to hurt you and I won't allow it." He twisted around to look at her.

A single tear escaped her closed eyelids and Rokan gently wiped it away then covered her hand with his.

"I'm leaving tomorrow, I won't be around for a whil-"

"Where are you going?" Evanora sat up in her bed and asked in a strangled voice that surprised him.

"I need to go to the Larth kingdom. I instructed Akare and Theon to check if you need anything or you can ask Helena and she will pass the message." He explained.

When she didn't respond, He turned slowly to face her and her teary eyes sent a jolt of pain to his chest. She nodded at him in understanding before she leaned her frame against the wall.

"Sleep, you need the rest." He patted her head in a foreign gesture to Evanora before he got up and left the room.

A few days later, Sir Brianna came back and Evanora found herself happy to see her. The two walked around the castle, Brianna heard about the incident and she tried to reassure Evanora that the king would never allow anything like that to happen again and that she would personally escort her if she wanted to go out again. Evanora thanked her but refused to leave the castle.

Brianna then continued her adventures in the neighboring kingdom while Evanora listened with blazing eyes. She could imagine Sir Brianna walking around in forests and fighting off thieves as the knight explained in detail and moved along her words to make a dramatic impact. 

Evanora missed the enchanted forest and the fresh morning air at dusk. She missed her old life but a part of her was also begging to go on new adventures like Brianna.

The two became very close and met frequently over the time that Brianna spent in the kingdom. Sir Theon was starting to open up to her too and he would sometimes join them for tea or a walk. He seemed more relaxed and smiled more now that Brianna was back. Evanora watched how he stared at his friend when she talked and laughed.

 She even teased them about their relationship playfully a few times.

Her time was spent either with Brianna or researching and practicing in the library. Before she knew it, she had already spent a little over a month in the Kassi kingdom. 

King Rokan was still away visiting the neighboring kingdom of Larth, she heard they were planning a new peace treaty. 

 The Larth kingdom was the nearest kingdom and their main trade partner, having the enchanted forest and the hills on one side of the Kassi kingdom and the Lotus river on the other, it was hard to establish trade with their neighbors since the routes were more difficult to use. Rokan was trying to keep good relations with their closest neighbors and was willing to travel there himself to make sure of it.

Evanora on the other hand wanted to let him know that she had made good progress. She was already deciding where to go to look for wounded animals to test her new healing powers. She was now completely able to transform her energy into a healing light that wrapped around wounds and mended them.

She had already tested it on herself. She had picked her finger with a needle over and over again till it went numb then tried to stop the bleeding. She even cut the palm of her hand when no one was around and tried healing it too.

Her experiences made her realize her limits when it comes to healing herself too. It was only possible on small wounds, bigger ones caused the fluctuation of her energy and she lost the ability to heal. Yet, she smiled remembering her success. Feeling a bit at ease with her progress, she decided to go and take a walk in the garden.

It was already autumn and the weather kept getting colder with each passing day yet the garden kept its charm. Evanora walked down the narrow path made of shining rocks, surrounded by overlapping trees and branches. She was surprised when she realized how big the garden was, she kept wandering around and felt like she was inside a maze. Trees covered most of the sky and leaves covered the ground.

She soon found herself inside a small space where small plants were carefully planted around a resting area. The place had five large pillars supporting the roof and it had a large chair for one person to sit. She took the three steps up and sat down.

 She looked around her and wondered how they kept the place so beautiful. She closed her eyes and listened to the sound of wind passing between the trees and picking up leaves from the ground. She remembered the sound of the enchanted forest and smiled. She felt a slight tingling on her hand and looked down. 

A ladybug was trying to crawl on her hand, she picked it up and brought it closer to her face.

"Hey there!" She said, excitement evident in her voice. "What are you doing here? Don't you feel a bit out of place? You are not supposed to be here at this time of the year," 

She nagged the ladybug and moved her hand around to keep the insect from falling off. The small creature opened its wings and flew away. Evanora watched it disappear and her shoulders fell.

"I guess she got bored of you forcing your feelings on her."

Evanora shot up and turned around to find Rokan standing a few steps away. He was wearing his black fur coat on his shoulders and had his hands behind his back. She noticed that he had his hair pulled back and held together. His lips turned up in a small smile despite the evident fatigue on his face.

"Is that how you really feel being here? Out of place?" He asked.

                                        -----------------------------------------------------------------------