Starting over

"That man, he said he is my cousin and there was one more person there, a man named Silas, I think it's my grandfather..."

Rokan kept quiet as he shifted his position and waited for her to continue,

"They said something about testing my healing powers, how it was just a trap to lure me out, and that the sick can't be treated.." Evanora's face drained of color and her voice started cracking.

She abruptly looked up at Rokan with tears shining in her eyes, "But I will find a way! I won't let anyone else die! I-I will fix this! You don't have to worry about it, I will do everything in my power to correct this."

Rokan's face softened seeing her in distress as she struggled with her feeling of guilt and he wondered about the thoughts running in her head. She had just met two people from her family, a family she was never able to meet and they somehow tricked and attacked her yet she was worried about her responsibilities towards his people, who caused her nothing but heartache.

He reached for her head and patted it softly before cupping her face and caressing her cheek.

"Nora, we will figure things out, I know someone who can help. I will send to him immediately so you should rest. You were caught up in the middle of a fight with people who were supposed to be your family." Rokan's voice was warm and Evanora felt waves of pain and sadness crashing through her body.

Tears filled her eyes and cascaded down her cheeks. Rokan wiped them away the moment they touched her skin. He then pulled her in his arms and Evanora let herself be held and cried silently. Rokan caressed her hair and rocked her back and further slowly, trying to soothe her.

When Evanora opened her eyes again it was already morning, she shot up from the bed and looked around. The last thing she remembered was crying in Rokan's arms. She felt her cheeks burning from embarrassment remembering how she kept crying like a baby while he comforted her.

Next, the memories from her confrontation with Klaus and Silas hit her like thunder. She rushed to change her clothes and ran to the tower.

A few days later, Evanora was still around in the adjacent Tower when she heard loud noises coming from outside, She peeked from the window and saw different carriages lining in front in the front yard of the castle, beautiful women were descending wearing dresses of all colors and shapes, their hairs were neat and perfectly combed, flowers decorated their locks, their lips were outlined using bright colors. She was astonished at the scene in front of her.

This is how people dress now for balls, she thought to herself. They all looked pretty, some were accompanied by equally dazzling men in perfect tunics and attires. She looked down at her dress and saw a mess all over it. She had been trying different potions and spells, not all of them were successful and the messy rainbow on her dress was the proof. She shifted in her seat and sighed. You are different Evanora. Why did you even agree to attend such a thing?

Besides, with the mess she caused a few nights before, she doubted if she should attend, she worried more trouble would arise. Before she could indulge in more reasons why she shouldn't attend, someone knocked on the door and Helena appeared.

"Miss, it's about time to get ready for the ball." Helena smiled, she was acting as usual. Evanora was still embarrassed that Helena knew the king was in her room till late that doomed night even though nothing happened.

"Oh..about that... I don't think ..."

Before Nora could finish her sentence, Rokan appeared at the door.

"No excuses, witch, you are attending." He simply stated before walking inside.

Evanora breathed in and swallowed.