Healing

"N-No, I -I was just talking nonsense ..." She trailed off and looked at a tree behind him. She tried taking a deep breath and he cocked his head to the side, gaining her attention once more.

"Were you?" He kept pressing her and Evanora felt the tip of her ears burning.

"What are you doing here? I thought you were away on a trip and for how long have you been spying on me?" She tried to change the subject but her eyes grew wide in surprise as he chuckled at her.

"I just arrived and you do realize this is my castle, right? Where am I supposed to go when I come back? Besides, that's my spot." He answered as he raised his eyebrows signaling to where she was sitting.

"I just thought that... I got a bit bored and thought that I could take a walk around..." She was slowly turning beet red realizing how stupid she sounded.

"I'm not telling you not to. You can come here anytime you want." Rokan responded.

They stood in an awkward silence for a few seconds before Evanora looked back at him and spoke.

"I have been meaning to come see you when you get back. I have been making progress and I want to go outside the castle, maybe outside the kingdom."

"Outside the kingdom? What for?" Rokan's eyebrows furrowed as he asked her.

"I need to try the spells on other living creatures to test my limit."

"Other living creatures?" Rokan uttered every word separately and asked in confusion.

"I tried a few things, I put no one to harm, don't worry." She unconsciously held the hand she cut and hid it behind her back.

"So you are saying, you've cut yourself then tried your spells?"

Evanora was left speechless at how he could see right through her.

"You do realize that you did put someone to harm with that?" Rokan pressed.

"It's okay, if it's for everyone's benefit then I'm okay with it." Her words rendered him speechless, she even smiled proudly.

"Let me know when you want to leave and we will arrange something for you."

She brushed off his suggestion. She was definitely not going to let the same scenario happen twice, this time she will do it her own way.

"How was your trip?" She tried switching the subject.

"Tiring." He said as he ran his hand over his hair and then covered the three steps up the balcony in one large stride. Now they were standing inches away from each other and Evanora could study his face clearly, she noticed the bags under his eyes and the creases in his forehead.
"That bastard wants me to cut all kinds of taxes on the goods from his kingdom, allow his hunters in our grounds, and have a mutual training of the guards, he basically wants to take over everything." Rokan blurted out the details of his meeting as he watched her eyes scan his face.

"Why is he doing this? He must know these are not conditions you could accept..." Evanora questioned the motives of the other king.

"Exactly. You are sharp, witch. He is planning something that I'm yet to find." Rokan's furrow seemed to deepen and his face twisted with discomfort.

"Do you know that healing powers are not just used to heal wounds?" Evanora suddenly had an idea.

"Really? What else can you do?" He asked, amused.

"It's not just used to heal the visible wounds, healing is like an energy pump so it could also help ease pain and renew energy." Evanora posed for a minute then continued, "You are tired, I can help you regain your strength."