An offer

A few days later, Evanora watched as a group of knights approached her with sharp eyes. They stopped in front of her and a black horse came to view, moving smoothly from the back of the group and pushing his way till he reached her.

She was standing inches away from the beautiful animal when it came to a stop. She was mesmerized by its beauty when the man on top cleared his throat. She raised her head up and stared at him then she looked around at the other knights and watched them hold their breath waiting for him to speak.

"What is this? You brought the biggest man in the kingdom to try and frighten me?" Evanora laughed looking amused.

The man in front of her had dark black hair like hers, it reached his shoulders and outlined his face, he had a dark beard that was split into two small braids on his chin. A scar extended from his forehead to his left cheek barely missing his eye and fading next to his ear. It was caused by something sharp, the wound must have been deep to leave such a scar. He was lucky his eye was still in place.

Why is everyone looking at him like that? Have they brought their best warrior to have me submit and go with them? What is this, is he their secret weapon? She thought sarcastically.

"This filthy witch, bow your head in front of the king! How dare you raise your head in his presence!"

Evanora looked at the screaming knight and then back at the giant man in front of her, The king? This wasn't the king of Kassi. She knew the king, she had every feature of his face engraved in her memory. She could never forget his face.

"What do you mean? This is not King Leith." She asked with confused eyes.

"Stupid witch." Someone mumbled from the back.

"Quiet." The king ordered before turning to her, " You were cast away for a long time, I guess you never heard the news. King Leith is long gone. Now tell me Witch, why would you refuse my invitation?" The The supposed king declared seeming confident and arrogant at one, his copper eyes piercing hers.

He was talking down to her as if she was a child but Evanora let it go. She was more shocked by the news of King Leith but suppressed her feelings deep down and continued staring at the new king.

"I have no business in your kingdom."

"I'm offering you a new beginning, a chance to come and live at your old home, why would you refuse?" The king wondered.

"This is my home." She quickly replied. She had long forgotten that place he is calling home, it might have once been the only place where she could feel safe and happy but those memories were replaced by something far more powerful, something that scarred her and damned her to her new life.

"I'm offering you a chance to clear your family name and a chance to call Kassi once again your home."

Evanora couldn't believe her ears, he was offering her to clear her family name! They were innocent, nothing to be cleared, it was the people of Kassi who needed to open their eyes!

"I have nothing to prove." she snarled at him.

The man's face twisted and he jumped off his horseback, he took a few steps and stood in front of her, looking down at her face as he towered in front of her. She got a closer look at his face, trying to study his features, to read his expression. She wondered what he was planning, how far he was willing to go to get her back to Kassi and why, in the first place, did he want her there.

"Aren't you curious why the king of the Kassi kingdom himself is asking you to come back?" He asked as if reading her mind.

"Why indeed?" Her eyes shone with curiosity.