12- gonna let it burn

EWOI (ellie's words of insight) this chapter is ludicrously long so i'm sry 😭

"Excuse us," Steve told the guard whose eyes were wide with shock as he saw the man in front of him who was none other than Captain America accompanied by 3 people pointing their guns.

I twisted my head and flashed Steve a judgmental look at his unneeded manners. We were pointing three guns at the man and he expects "excuse us" to make it any better? I scoffed at him as the man immediately let us through without questions.

"Eto bylo legko," I mumbled to myself as we walked in. (That was easy)

Sam averted his eyes slightly in my direction, still facing forward with his gun pointed. "If you're gonna talk, talk in English Nat's not here to be a translator." He told me.

"I was not even talking to you." I sneered back.

"Still, that goes for future reference also." He finished.

I rolled my eyes as we stopped walking in front of the intercom system pointed out to us by the same man who let us in, per Steve's demand.

"What are you going to tell them?" I asked Steve who was readying to press the talk button.

"Everything." He answered simply, pressing down on the button and bringing his face close to the mic.

I looked at Maria and Sam who were walking around with their guns held up to ensure no one tried to mess this up. I decided to do the same but stand by Steve instead.

"Attention all S.H.I.E.L.D agents this is Steve Rodgers," He started. "You've heard a lot about me over the last few days, some of you were even ordered to hunt me down, but I think it's time you know the truth." Steve paused, taking a long look at the board before us.

"S.H.I.E.LD. is not what we thought it was it's been taken over by HYDRA, Alexander Pierce is their leader, and the S.T.R.I.K.E. and insight crew are HYDRA as well, I don't know how many more but I know they're in the building and they could be standing right next to you."

Around us, every worker in the control room rose from their chairs and looked at each other in a suspicious panic. I rolled my eyes at how surprised they were. They must have been foolish to accept a HYDRA as their leader right under their noses.

"They almost have what they want, absolute control." Steve continued. "They shot Nick Fury, and it won't end there. If you launch those helicarriers today HYDRA will be able to kill anyone that stands in their way, unless we stop them."

"I know I'm asking a lot but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one then so be it, but I'm willing to bet I'm not." He finished.

Steve stood up from the haunched-over position he was in over the microphone.

"You have that written down somewhere or did you just say that off the top 'of you're head," Sam asked rhetorically.

"Yeah, it was very...inspirefull." I agreed with Sam, nodding up at Steve.

"Inspiring, kid."  Sam corrected me.

"Oh," I replied with a small nod. I felt embarrassed again, english was a stupid language anyway.

I silently cursed the little to no education I was given in the Red Room. Yes, all the girls were taught English and sometimes other various languages but not so regularly for it to be spoken with no mistakes.