Chapter 75

- Chapter 75 -

When I awoke early that morning I found that I was still wrapped in Guy's arms, I rolled over to see his peaceful face and knew this was something I wanted to be able to do forever. But sighing I eased my way out of his grip and slipped back through the secret passages to my chambers were I sighed leaning against the wall. A bath had already been drawn up for me as I removed the dress and eased into the warm water with rose petals.

I'll admit I was glad that Prince John was such a girl, that he preferred smelling like roses, which meant I could as well. I would hate to be having to spend days smelling like a man who hadn't showered in over a week. A knock came at the door as Lucinda walked in with fresh towels before her eyes widened and she just stared at me. Rolling my eyes and growling I grabbed a towel from her hands and dried myself and changed back into my tunic and pants with my boots before turning to find her still staring.

"What?" I question her as she points towards my neck causing me to frown.

"What has happened to your neck my lady?" She questioned as I lifted up a small mirror to see love bites running down my neck and on my collar bone. Grumbling I chuckled slightly at Guy's playfulness and blushed before I flicked the collar of my tunic upwards to hide the bruising. Thankfully I wore a hooded cloak and no one would have to see the love bites he had given me.

*************

It had been two and a half weeks since I had been sent to collect Guy from the Sheriff to explain his fault to the Prince. Guy had returned a week and a half ago to try and kill Robin with a 'full proof' plan set by the Prince. It was pathetic to be honest but I didn't say anything, why would I want to ensure Robin's death? It was the beginning of dawn and I was staring around to see the soldier's pulling down the camp and preparing for our final day of travel.

Prince John had gotten sick and tired of getting reports from Nottingham with little to no improvement. Only I dared to enter the Prince's tent as I awoke him gently by kicking his foot at the end of the bed causing him to jump awake. One look at me he groaned like a child and went to hide his head under his sheet before I grabbed it from the bottom of the bed and tugged it away from him and storming out of the tent.

I threw the blanket to an awaiting servant to pack it ready to be off as soon as he was out of his bed. The aim was to make it to Sherwood Forest by nightfall and then unto Nottingham castle the following morning. When another hour had been wasted by the Prince's foolishness we made tracks, the carriage pulling him faster than he would have liked as I rode on my black horse beside his carriage.

"Couldn't we slow down?" He asked me as he stuck his head out the window. I gave him no response and urged my horse faster slightly as the carriage driver did the same along with the small soldier company along with us.

"So that's a no?" His voice seemed smaller before he disappeared back inside. I rolled my eyes as I guided the men through the long day of horse riding. Night was soon beginning to fall as I couldn't help but breathe in and sigh with a giant smile on my face at the familiarity of Sherwood Forest. Snapping my fingers the men got to work on assembling the Prince's tent as I knew that Robin would soon know we were here.

"Wolf!" Prince John called out as I dismounted from my horse and handed the reins to an awaiting servant before I made my way to the window of the carriage.

"Send a couple of men to fetch Gisborne for me. You! You stay here with me" He demanded as I nodded my head and opened the carriage door for him as he immediately went and hid in his tent. I saw my commander with three of his men as I walked over towards them. Seeing me approach they immediately straightened and saluted as I waved my hand allowing them to settle slightly.