Chapter 5

I was walking down the halls, still dressed from my riding, I had my cloak cleaned, I redid my hair to show no signs of what happened earlier today, and in my chambers in the castle I had cleaned the small wound on the side of my head. I was holding a book from the royal library, when I heard horses and saw Guy on his horse, with Robin trailing behind him.

I stiffened and sighed at how stupid Robin must have been to be caught already on his first day of being an outlaw. When Guy noticed me he bows as I watched him summon two guards, as they brought Robin in my direction to head towards the dungeons. As he past he looked at me sadly.

"Fool" I muttered as I heard him sigh, before I bumped into Guy.

"Are you alright?" He asked me as I just smiled and nodded.

"Why wouldn't I be…" I spoke before I gave a small smile and continued walking as I glanced over my shoulder to see him watching me before he walked off. I took this time, to make my way in through the castle, knowing a few secret passageways I followed on after Robin discreetly as he was being dragged into the dungeons.  

"Not so high and mighty now, are we? (punches Robin) That’s for the priest trick! Could’ve cost me my job." The Jailer hissed, as I winced slightly as Robin coughed and groaned. Ouch! I kept watching lurking in the shadows.

"One job to save four lives?" I heard Robin retort as he chuckled as I just smirked.

"Won’t be saving any more now, my lovely, wherever your from, it’s not Robin of Locksley anymore." The Jailer insulted him as he dragged him towards his cell.

"Robin Wood, they’re calling him" The second Jailer laughed as he was only inches away from where I was hiding as I held my breath.

"Robin Hood. They’re’ll be no hood for you tomorrow, my lovely. The sheriff wants the rebels to see the fear in your eyes. Wants them to see your eyes pop right out." The Jailer smirked before they threw Robin in locking the door behind them. When their laughter died down I came out from my hiding spot as he was leaning against the bars, with a straight face.

"Robin" I whispered as his head shot up as I came towards the door, he looked puzzled at first before rather concerned, looking behind me hoping I won't get caught.

"You can't be here Esme!" Robin hissed softly as I rolled my eyes as I could see the urgency in his eyes.

"Robin you fool. You know there is nothing I can do to help you now" I whimpered as he held my face in his hands, as I held his forearms.

"Don't worry about me. I'll be fin….."

"No you won't. Your due to hang in the morning, how will you be fine?" I snapped annoyed that he was trying to be protective. He sighed and looked at me, before we heard the sound of the doors opening as I gasped, looking backwards, gulping before turning to Robin.

"You have to get out of here" He pleaded, as I kissed his cheek through the bars and hesitated.