Chapter 12 - Cintra 05!

[Chapter Size: 2100 Words.]
Third Person POV

Cintra, northern kingdoms.

...

...

As Madara escaped by climbing the walls and leaping across houses, that part of the city was already in chaos. At first, the guards who avoided these areas because they were dominated by gangs were surprised by the sky shining, which soon led them to hear people screaming about fire as they ran, prompting them to quickly inform the commander.

A little girl sleeping in a high room of the castle woke up to the disturbance of a faint light at her window, and she went to it to see flames in the middle of the city, wondering what was happening.

"Fire in the Greg gang area?" A man shouted in the barracks. "Let's enter the area." He quickly gathered 30 soldiers and headed to that side of the city.

They quickly arrived at the temple and saw people in tattered clothes, women running, and some of Greg's men running with injuries and burns. "Catch those men and stop those prostitutes!" the commander spoke.

"Stop!" The guards began to catch the fleeing people.

"Control the crowd, don't let the fire from inside the temple spread."

*BOOOOMM!!!*

*BOOOOMM!!!*

*BOOOOMM!!!*

*BOOOOMM!!!*

"Damn Greg and his men, did they have bombs stored?!" The captain growled, hearing the explosions inside.

They began trying to control the fire while pushing back the growing crowd of onlookers. As they tried to prevent the fire from spreading outside the temple and reaching other parts of the city, new platoons of soldiers began to follow because half of Cintra could see the fire in the sky by then.

"Captain, Lord Mousesack is here!" A soldier spoke, and the commander went to greet the court mage.

"Lord Mousesack, it's good to see you here. Can you stop the fire?" The commander greeted him properly.

"Yes, give me space." Mousesack said, placing his staff on the ground as he walked to the temple.

"Give space to Lord Mousesack!!" They began to shout orders, and Mousesack started to summon his magic with an incantation.

He began to invoke his magic, and the fire from the temple windows began to respond to it and tremble before starting to decrease. Mousesack looked somewhat tired since the temple was not small, and he had to use a large amount of chaos energy.

He returned to the commanders of the soldiers, "Now, can you explain to me what happened here?" Mousesack asked calmly.

"This place belonged to one of the city's gangs, their leader was known as Fred, according to what his men said, they were attacked by a monster child. That's where the chaos started," the man spoke cautiously.

"And why would a city gang feel comfortable occupying an abandoned temple, and nobody did anything about it?" Mousesack asked with a sharp look.

"That... Unfortunately, we couldn't deal with their gang," the man stuttered a bit.

"It doesn't matter now, let me see those men who survived, I want to hear more about this monster child." Mousesack put that matter aside and walked over to some captured men as they fled from the burning temple.

"I swear, I saw the child, it had evil red eyes and could kill a man before he could react with sharp claws!" said a man chained to the ground surrounded by soldiers.