Chapter 24 - Cintra 17!

[Chapter Size: 2100 Words.]
Third Person POV

Cintra, northern kingdoms.

...

...

Madara continued riding his horse towards the Hugkil farm. It didn't take long for the man, still with a broken leg, to start a conversation with him as they passed through the forest. His son seemed still very scared from what had happened and remained silent. He himself was looking at Madara with a certain fear after what had happened.

"You said you were some kind of Ninja, what is that? I've never heard of it." The man spoke, much more cheerfully than before.

"It's hard to explain, you might say we're like wizards, taking on contracts and performing services, earning from it," Madara spoke calmly. He couldn't just say they were assassins, right?

"That sounds amazing, and they teach children from a young age?" The man continued, interested in a force he had until then been unaware of.

"There are many children who learn from the age of 5 or 6, however, I am the only ninja in the world now," Madara spoke, not wanting to delve too much into a military system that didn't exist in this world, making it very hard for people to understand his explanation.

"I see, so it's an extinct and also strict order," the man said, understanding Madara's intent with his last words.

"Yes." He just nodded.

"Still, you saved my life, mine and my son's. I thought we were going to die there facing that monster," the man said, changing the subject.

"You were lucky, I hadn't left Cintra long after that contract, so I still think you owe me nothing, it was just by chance," Madara spoke honestly, he had saved them by chance.

"Even so, fate put you in our path, and I wouldn't forgive myself, it would be a shame to leave without paying such a debt," he spoke with a noble tone. Lord Hugkil didn't care if it was just a coincidence, what mattered was that Madara had saved them and he was not an ungrateful person.

They continued on their way, until they finally emerged from the forest heading towards the great fields. "Do you see all this space, Madara?" The man spoke, even more excitedly, as if he had just come back from death and still with a broken leg.

"I saw it on the map given by Mousesack, he had details of the lands of noble families, I believe these were yours." He might not know how to read, but he certainly knows how to see a division of land, and the forest to the mountain he used as a reference was surrounded by a noble family symbol, so it wasn't hard for Madara to find out such a thing.

"Exactly, my grandfather's father was a simple noble with a small piece of land, but he died serving his king and sacrificed himself saving the king of Cintra at the time. What made the royal family of that time grateful to us, the Hugkils, so my father's father took over a much larger estate than his deceased father and my father took over after him, I'm doing the same with my son after my death," he said as he pointed to each of their borders.

"..." Victor remained silent.

"It's a huge land," Madara admitted, seeing that it stretched to the horizons.

"It is, don't you think about taking care of a large land as well, Madara?" The man asked.

"It's too early to say something like that," Madara commented in a neutral tone.

"That's true, I forget I'm talking to a child," the man laughed at that.

The journey continued until they began to see a small town with a huge castle in it.