Chapter 28 - Cintra 21!

[Chapter Size: 1900 Words.]
Third Person POV

Cintra, northern kingdoms.

...

...

A little before Madara headed to the throne room, Mousesack met with the queen, entering the throne room where some of the audiences with the queen took place.

"My queen, you must understand that I was robbed!" said a man dressed in noble attire.

"That's a lie! My queen, this man bet his money on a horse race and his horse lost, I won the money fairly," said another man, dressed more like a merchant.

"You're lying!" the noble retorted.

"Silence!" Calanthe, unable to bear the argument any longer, shouted angrily as her voice echoed throughout the place.

She waited for everyone to be silent as she began to stare at all those involved while another group of nobles requesting an audience for the day waited, listening and even enjoying this as a form of entertainment.

She sighed and began by looking at the noble. "From what I understand, you bet your money on a horse in the race, correct?" she asked with a hawkish glance.

"Yes, my queen..." the man said cautiously.

"And your horse lost?" she raised an eyebrow as if dealing with a spoiled noble who doesn't know how to lose.

The man swallowed early before continuing, a bit hesitantly. "Yes, my queen, but..." he continued, but was cut off.

"Well, if that's why you came to request an audience and make me waste my time, after all, you lost that money in a fair game," she rebutted.

"But my queen, it's 200 gold coins!" the noble said with a whining tone.

"You should have thought of that before even betting, now get out of my sight, you have nothing to pay this man, and if you come back with another ridiculous demand after betting money and losing, I will throw you in the dungeon!" Calanthe growled at the man, who shrunk at those words and began to leave hastily.

"Thank you for your clemency, my queen," the merchant bowed respectfully before beginning to withdraw as well.

"I thought you'd throw him in the dungeon..." the man next to the queen, Eist Tuirseach, said.

"It was close, but today it seems I'm patient..." Calanthe admitted.

"Anyway, our druid is present..." Eist said.

Calanthe turned her gaze forward, passing by the noble group and looking at Mousesack near the entrance. Immediately making way for the castle's druid to pass. "Mousesack, come closer," she said, and the mage walked up to her, but he didn't stop, coming closer to the queen.

Calanthe knew this habit when the man had something important to say while not wanting to share something with everyone present, he approached her ear and began to speak.

"Madara Uchiha is in the princess's room," he said calmly.

Calanthe showed no initial reaction, but her eyes trembled slightly.

She looked at all the nobles still present and spoke in a loud tone as if she was commanding an army on the battlefield. "Everyone, the audience is finished for today, there are more urgent matters that require my presence!" she said with her stern voice, and everyone, despite a dissatisfied face, began to leave the throne room.

"And there goes your patience..." she murmured after hearing the druid.

After everyone left, even the royal guards, she turned to Mousesack, who had moved away a bit.