Chapter 32 - Cintra 25!

[Chapter Size: 2200 Words.]
Third Person POV

Cintra, northern kingdoms.

...

...

Madara followed Sir Varys Current through the corridors of the castle with the wizard and the royal guard, Sir Charles, accompanying them to the courtyard, exclusively for the training of the kingdom's elite.

He was struck by the open space in the middle of the castle, where men were training against each other at the moment, mainly some royal guards honing their techniques, but not many, after all, some were on their shift guarding the queen and the princess.

Sir Varys appeared while some quickly stopped their training to greet him with the castle's master-at-arms.

"Sir Varys," the man greeted him.

"Sir Bartholomew." The Lord Commander greeted the master-at-arms back. "I'm here to see this boy in action, I hope I'm not disturbing." He commented.

"Certainly not, Sir," he said, paying attention to Madara wearing noble clothes but unknown, there were many squires around, watching their knights fight while preparing things for them. "Is this the new castle dweller? The one I've heard so much about in the last few hours, if he's here with you and Lord Mousesack, it means he really is this." The man said.

Madara just looked at him and said nothing. But Sir Varys didn't want to waste more time. "Come on, boy, let's see if you are everything Lord Mousesack says you are," the man said as they approached the place where swords and other weapons were laid out for them to train. Madara nodded silently while following.

"You can choose any weapon," Sir Varys spoke in front of the shelf filled with different types of weapons: hammers, axes, swords, daggers, among others.

Madara felt, picking up a short sword with simple iron, while the man analyzed what he would pick. "You can use your personal sword." Madara spoke while pointing with his gaze to the sword at his waist.

Sir Varys raised an eyebrow at that, "You will first have to prove to me if you are worthy of making me draw this weapon before." He said with a small smile. "Come here." He took a bastard sword and started walking to a circle in the middle of the courtyard that was not being used.

Madara followed him, standing in front of him, all the royal guards who were training got a bit curious about it, stopping fighting and seeing what their Lord Commander was doing, some not yet knowing who the child was and this raised a doubt why the Lord Commander was apparently having a sparring with the boy.

"A new squire?" One man asked.

"No... The Lord Commander is already training a member of his family." Another replied.

"That boy is someone the queen herself invited to the castle, I don't know much about it, but he seems to be an apprentice of Mousesack and was seen walking with Princess Cirilla." Another replied, adding more gossip among them.

The windows began to fill with curious looks from the servants, while in the center of everyone's attention, Madara looked at the Lord Commander as he prepared to fight, while the latter nodded, liking the pose and the stance of the boy. "You have a great stance there, looks even a bit experienced," the man studied him.

Madara did not respond, just staying silent, while his opponent remained calm, Mousesack was looking with interest next to the other royal guard who apparently didn't like Madara much at the entrance of the place, wanting to see the fight.

"OK, let's start then, boy. Show me your true skills, I want to see why Lord Mousesack trusts you so much in you." The Lord Commander got into guard while raising his sword and Madara did the same.