Chapter 87

August 23th, 2024

"It's a new soundtrack,
I could dance to this beat, beat forever more..."

Beckett

"Here's the last one," I said, dropping the last box of Bailey's stuff on top of the others. She threw me a thumbs up behind her back from where her and Wren were laughing at something on the other side of the room. "I'm gonna head back down so Caleb and I can go unload, but we'll pick y'all up for dinner later."

"Thanks, Beckett," Wren said, not turning around. "See y'all later."

I waited a moment for Bailey to react, and it wasn't until Wren nudged her elbow that she caught on to my words.

"What time for later?" Bailey asked, finally turning around and coming towards me with that beaming smile. "I want you to come up and see when we're finished setting up."

"Let's shoot for like 6," I smiled, wrapping my arms around her waist as hers found my shoulders. "I'll text you before then to see if y'all are ready."

"Okay," she sighed, pressing her lips to mine softly. "Tell Caleb I said thank y'all for helping."

"I will," I told her, heading for the door now labeled 339. "I love you, Bailey."

"I love you too!" She answered, but was already spinning back around to the corner with Wren. I laughed to myself and wondered if they'd even get any unpacking done with how distracted they were with whatever it was.

339. Griffin Hall.

A part of me hated that I wouldn't be able to look out my window and see Bailey anymore, but another part of me was excited for the level of freedom we were at now. College was gonna be an adjustment, but it was one I was ready for.

Saying goodbye to my mother and Delilah had been tough, but the distance could be worse. And they plan on riding up here with my aunt and uncle for the season opener in a few weeks. So I would see them then, and until then I would call every chance I got.

My mother had held Bailey tight when it was their turn to say goodbye, and I watched as a tear escaped my mother's eye as she held her. She whispered something in her ear I couldn't hear, and then Bailey was squeezing her back just as tight. I had just opened the door for Bailey when my mother had to ruin the bittersweet moment.

"Easy with the sleepovers! Finish college before you give me grandkids!"

I'd groaned before all but shoving a blushing Bailey in the truck and closing the door behind her.

If only my mother knew.

That day with Bailey has played over and over in my head since it happened. It went further than I imagined it would, but God I would be lying if I said it wasn't the best feeling I've ever experienced. I had been so nervous to touch her, but as soon as she told me she wanted me to, I stopped hesitating.

Because Bailey was telling me what she wanted, and I was able to figure it out along the way. I'd made her feel good, and the noises she was making, and the way she looked when she was on the edge, had sent me spiraling.

I knew I wasn't going to last the second I touched her in her most intimate spot, but I was still praying for some sense of control. I should have known better though, because as soon as Bailey went over the edge, I was right there with her. In my fucking boxers.

She was too out of it to realize what I'd done at first, but I meant it when I said I hadn't fully felt the embarrassment of it yet. Especially when Bailey was laying under me with a satisfied expression, one that I'd caused.