Chapter 8

Chapter 8: Lies and truth

"I have decided to go with Ginny and Hermione but.." I start before Ron interrupts me.

"YESS," Ron yells.

"Shhhh Ron, it's supposed to be a surprise for Ginny and Hermione," I whisper.

The reason I want it to be a surprise is because Ginny likes to surprise me with nice things too so it's her turn to receive a surprise.

"But what have you decided Ron?" I ask curiously.

"Well, I think I'm going to help Hermione find her parents in Australia, if she would want me to help. But yeah, I think I'm going to attend Hogwarts for our last year. But mate, how are you going to buy all your books and everything?" Ron replies.

"Well, I'm going to think about that but when you're in Australia, I can go to Diagon Alley with Ginny and say that I'm buying the books for you so you don't have to do that when you come back. But aren't you going to the funeral?" I say, having thought it all out.

"I'm going to talk to mum about it," Ron says simply.

"Well, you can talk to Hermione about my surprise but please don't say a word to Ginny," I plead.

"Yeah, okay, shall we go downstairs?" Ron asks.

"Okay, I hope Ginny won't be too upset. I am going to write to McGonagall," I tell him.

When Ron goes downstairs I search for a piece of parchment in my room to write a letter to McGonagall.

' Dear Professor McGonagall,

I have decided to attend my last year at Hogwarts but it is a surprise for Ginny Weasley and Hermione Granger and I would like to talk to you and Molly Weasley.
Could you send my letter addressed to Ron, because I am assuming I will be in the same year as him. I will also be attending the funeral if you don't mind.

With kind regards,
Harry Potter

With that, I send Snow (the owl Hagrid gave me) to Professor McGonagall and then join the rest downstairs.

"HARRY, WHAT HAVE YOU DECIDED??" Ginny screams as I walk into the living room.

"I'm sorry Gin, but I don't think I will be returning to Hogwarts. There are to many bad memories there," I answer, part of it being true. It's going to be hard the first weeks, maybe months.

"Owhh," Ginny says, looking disappointed.

"I'm sorry but I do still love you though," I say, giving her a kiss.

"AHUM" Ron coughs, probably still finding it unpleasant to see his little sister kiss with me.

We all laughed and start telling each other funny and embarrassing stories. We have a really good time until Mrs
Weasley calls us for dinner. When Ginny leaves to go to the toilet, I take this chance to ask Mrs Weasley if we can talk after dinner.

"Mrs Weasley, is it possible for us to talk after dinner?" I ask.

"Not unless you start calling me Molly," Mrs Weasley answers with a smirk.

"I'm sorry Mrs W.. Molly," I reply, now grinning too. It's going to be a hard habit to break.

Mrs-Molly had forgotten that Percy, Bill and Fleur were coming too so she has to enlarge the table.

There we are; Molly, Arthur, Bill, Fleur, Percy, Ron, George (It's hard to not write Fred before George 😰😞 ), Ginny, Hermione and I, all sitting around the table. There's a lot of noise because of everyone talking but Mrs Weasley looks like she's enjoying it.