Chapter 45

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 🎄✨

Chapter 45: New Beginnings

Ron and I have decided to talk to Molly after Ginny's birthday, which is in five days. We have already talked to Ginny and Erin about our ideas. Erin was quite enthusiastic but Ginny said she would think about it.

"Gin, you don't mind that Erin will be staying if you don't?" I ask her, as we're making breakfast for everyone one.

"No, of course not, I trust you both and I know Erin needs a place with people who like her for who she is, not out of sympathy. I do think I'd be able to visit though, if I don't come," Ginny says, while pouring coffee in some mugs.

"Oh ok, that's fine then," I say, feeling quite relieved.

"Don't worry, it'll work out eventually, just like you said. It might take a while but we're still young," Ginny says soothingly.

"I know it will," I reply kindly, setting the table.

She gives me a little kiss before I call everyone. Molly is really happy that we made breakfast for everyone and she thanks us more than once. Ron just seems to be happy that there's some food on the table but he seems quite grateful for the coffee. I don't really drink coffee that often anymore but Ron can't start the day without a cup of coffee and neither can Erin. We have a cheerful breakfast, as far as a breakfast at half seven can be cheerful.

*

"Happy Birthday Gin," I whisper as we lay in bed after a whole day of celebrating her birthday. She was quite happy about the presents she had received. She certainly liked the new broom I had given her. I though she would need a newer one for the Harpies. After unpacking the rest of her presents, and thanking everyone, she insisted on going on a quick ride. It was a quick ride because the broom was rather fast.

We had done loads of things and Teddy was a very happy boy. He was even trying to sing happy birthday, even though he wasn't singing the right words, Ginny was really proud of Teddy and so was I.

"Thank you for everything today. And not just today though, thank you for everything," she whispers back.

"You deserve it," I tell her, placing a kiss on her head.

*

Arthur had been quite enthusiastic about our idea, Molly wasn't at the beginning though. She took it very personally but we managed, with the help of Arthur, to convince her that it had nothing to do with her. She calmed down after that and she eventually gave us permission.

The three of us are currently in front of the doorstep of Grimmauld Place, waiting for the door to fully appear.

"Good morning Master Harry! Kreacher sees that Master has some guests," Kreacher welcomes us inside and takes our coats.

"Good morning Kreacher. This is Erin, one of our friends, and we will be staying here for a while," I tell him straight away, so I don't have to explain everything when he asks.

"It would be Kreacher's pleasure to serve Master Harry and his friends," Kreacher leads us to the living room and leaves us alone.

"So, this is it. We can have a look where you both want to sleep later on, if you don't mind," I say as we take a seat. It's so weird, in three days time, we won't be doing school work anymore but we'll actually be working hard. I'm a little anxious for all the changes and how Teddy will react when he realises he won't be seeing me every day but at least it won't be like last year.