Chapter 6 The Date (part 1)

(James and Mia's Date clothes)

Mia's POV

I reached home. I just put my foot inside the house, " Mia! " I was shaken by that sudden call.

" where were you? Do know how worried I was? No phone call! You didn't even come home nor informed us about your whereabouts. Why didn't take Josh with you!" Leo started shouting at me. It's like a thunderstorm in my living room.

" Okay... please calm down Leo. " I tried to reason with him, but he didn't let me speak.

" calm down!? How can I calm down? And I didn't know that Cloè was so irresponsible. Taking you to that bar? Josh will be fired cause he didn't fulfil his duty"

Oh no no no, he is so angry. I was beginning to get scared. Cloè will be getting a scolding and Josh will be fired cause of me. They were all innocent. My eyes went teary.

" Leo I am very sorry, I should have called and informed you. Please don't fire Josh he has nothing to do with this. I was the one who didn't tell him. Cloè was just celebrating her promotion for her job. Please don't say anything to her. I don't want to upset her. This won't happen again, I am so sorry" I was on the verge of bursting out in tears.

Leo's expression softened, " I am sorry for shouting my baby sister. I was worried and angry so I burst out. Next time if you go somewhere please inform me where you are going if you don't want to take Josh with you " he smiled and hugged me.

I started crying in his arms. He patted my head. Leo was an overprotective brother but I understand how he must have felt.

" don't cry anymore marshmallow. I just glad your safe. I was going to call the police and all the force when I couldn't reach you. I am just relieved that James was there at the right moment. He informed me what happened that night, this morning. But I was a bit shocked when he picked up your phone. " he laughed.

So that's what he was talking about on my phone.

"I am gonna go and change" I escaped from his arm. I went to my room. I took a long bubble bath. Ah, I feel relaxed now. I wrapped the towel around myself and came out of the bathroom. I checked my phone 53 missed calls they were all from my brother and Cloè. I called her. She picked up before she could shout at me again I started talking.

" before you start shouting at me again please just come to my house I will explain everything. I ready got a nice scolding from my brother " I said in one breath.

"Okay but it must be worth my lecture which is rain checked."

"Okay see you then " I smiled ending the call.
Later that she came to my home. We sat in bed and explained the whole story to her.

"Aaaaaaah" she screamed.

"Now I will be going deaf. Thanks. "

She jumped on me, " OMG my baby hermit is growing up and someday she is going to leave her shell behind" she hugged me.

' leave her shell behind what does that even mean?' I thought.

"Come on let's get you ready baby! Wear something so hot that he won't able to take his eyes off you" she was said clapping.

" whoa whoa slow down. I am not gonna wear something sexy he said to wear something comfortable."

" Oh, where is he taking you?"

"I don't know it's a surprise " I shyly.

" Oh my. I think a romantic sunset date"

" maybe I don't know. I have a dress in my mind. Let me ready I only have two hours till I come to pick me up. "
I choose my most comfortable and casual wear. I was ready. I had 1 hour left until he comes. I called Josh," hi Josh can you bring me a Starbucks and buying yourself one too. "I was standing outside the house, he got me one within 15 minutes.
" Thank you, Josh. And did you got one for yourself? "