Chapter 63 Fate

(Sweet bitter symphony by The Verve)

Mia's POV

The rest of the police officers captured Lorenzo and took him in.

Right now I am inside the ambulance on the way to the hospital with James' hand in mine. Crying and praying for him to be okay.

"You have to be okay James!! You can't leave me alone! Wake up" I cried.

We reached the hospital.

He was taken to the operating room instantly. I was crying outside the door.

The doctors came to me and took me to another room. I was bleeding all over and there were bruises over my skin. My ankle was dislocated. I didn't care how I was, I just wanted to be with James.

"No, I want to be with James. Please take me to him!" I cried more. I rejected the saline they were giving me.

"Doctor we have to perform the treatment. We have to give her a shot of anaesthesia."

"No, please... Take me to James *hiccups * " I cried more and more.

"Do it." The doctor said.

They put the needle in me," Please... I have ...to be...with James...." I closed my eyes and fade into darkness as the tears rolled down my cheeks.

James...

I woke up after a while. I opened my eyes and everything was in a haze. I saw the saline was attached to my arm and my body was wrapped in a bandage. There was a bandage around my neck and cuts too.

My vision cleared and I saw someone sitting across me," ....Leo." I spoke.

"Hey sweetcakes how are you feeling?" He asked me.

"Much better..." I saw Mrs Henderson was here too. James!

"James!! How is he? Is he okay? " I got up.

"Mia dear you need to rest now," Lilly said.

"But James. .. I need to see him" I cried.

"Okay, you can but not now."

"How is he please tell me " I cried.

"Mia, please don't cry. He is in critical condition so it's not possible to tell anything soon..." Leo said in a sad voice.

"This happened cause of me!" I cried.

"He took the bullet to save me!!" Tears roles down my face.

Leo hugged me." Sshhh. ..honey" he hugged me. "Don't cry..."

"If something happens to him...Then I can't forgive myself..." I cried more," I love very much Leo..."

"Don't worry princess. Nothing will happen to him. He will be fine..."