Chapter 45 The Dark Secret

( I love you is not enough
I love you till the end is also not enough
I love you no matter you become is more than enough.) - rosavet

Life is a game and true love is a trophy. - Rufus Wainwright.

Mia's POV

I am lying in the bed with James. My heart is not calm at all. The fear and pain are eroding my heart and soul. James touched my hand. I got shaken.

" Angel what are you afraid of?. I can't see you like this. Who is that guy?"

It's time to tell him everything. I sat up.

" James I am sorry to keep this a secret from you for so long. I will tell you everything." I took a deep breath.

" it's an okay angel. I am here."

" When I was in high school. I was not like how I am right now. I was a lot different back then shy, timid, too innocent, clumsy and easily fooled. Like every other girl, I also wanted to fall in love gave a boyfriend. Lorenzo was the most popular and hottest badest boy in school. He didn't notice me. I was more of a wallflower back then.

Cloè, Lisa and I were very good friends. Lisa invited me to her sweet sixteen birthday. There Lorenzo talked to me for the first time. After that, I used to see him every day in school. He used to hang out with us. Later he confessed his love to me. I had a crush on him so when he confessed to me I was over the moon so I said yes.

He was wonderful at first. Pick me up from home. Drop me home from school, we went on dates and all. We were high school sweethearts.

Then I started noticing he was a bit odd. I named it unique. I know how foolish of me.

Whenever any boy or I should say male species come to talk to me he got all jealous and angry. He didn't like me wearing any fancy clothes. He told me that it makes him jealous if anyone looks at me. First I ignored them as I thought he cared and worried for me.

As time passed he became too possessive and controlling. He never let me wear anything short outside. I had to wear long sleeves outside in summer. My friend because less as he didn't let me talk to any boys and girls who might introduce to any boy. My apatite began to fall as we started having constant fights.

If I was a few minutes late in texting him, he would accuse me of cheating on him and texting anyone else. He was to get physical with me always like kiss, hug and all. But I kept avoiding him telling him I was not ready. He began to emotionally torcher me. He used to ask me for money now and then. This was nothing compared to what I witnessed next.

Lisa and Cloè, both were worried about my health. Lisa also told me to leave her brother but I loved him so I couldn't..." James cut me.

" wait. Lisa is Lorenzo's sister?"

" yes. She is. One day a new guy transfer to our class. Most of the guys were afraid to talk to me because of Lorenzo. Jack the new guy was friendly and loved by all. I used to talk with him and he was not afraid of talking to me. Later that day Lorenzo didn't come to pick me up so I went to look for him. I heard someone yelling and crying. I went to the basketball court and I saw Lorenzo beating him up.

I tried to stop him but he was mad with anger. He pushed me aside and kept hitting me. Jack fractured 3 ribs and broke a leg. Only because he came close to me.

I began to avoid Lorenzo after that. He didn't give up he begun to follow me everywhere I went. He kept texting me non stop. He went crazy. Lisa told me to broke up with him.

The next day I went to the bridge where we used to meet. I told him that I want to break up with him. He didn't listen to me and kept apologising. He promised to change. I gave in. He became polite and all. He apologised to jack. All was ok. Jack was friends with me again.