Chapter 14 The wedding

(Leo and Jasmine picture)

Mia's POV

It says weddings bring people closer. I indeed guess.

" Mia are you ready? " Cloè shouted at me.

" just a minute let me arrange the flowers then I will get ready," I told her.

" No, you get ready now. All the guests have already started arriving! You should the first one to get ready not me" she shouted again. "Okay okay I am going to get ready just give me 5 minutes "

" fine. 5 minutes " she warned me.

I went to the hall and picked up the flowers to arrange them. I hurriedly turned around to go and decorate them in the hallway and crashed into a strong chest. I was about to fall when he caught my waist and pull me back up.

" I am sorry I was not looking where I was going " I apologised immediately.

"Yeah, I can see that " he chuckled. I looked up and it was James. He was dressed handsomely as ever.

"James you early." I smiled at him.

"Your parents are also here?" I was nervous.

" No due to some inconvenience occurrence they are unable to come"

" Oh, Leo was looking forward to seeing them," I said.

"Next time for sure," he said. 'Next time? ' I don't know what he meant by that.

"Miss. Hermit, it's been more than five minutes. The ceremony is going to start. Get you ass you here. Or I will tie you with a rope and drag you up here!!" Cloè shouted.

" Ufff... I gotta go, James. See you at the ceremony " I smiled at him.

" Yeah. She sounds scary. See you later beautiful " he went to the hall. Jasmine wanted her wedding to be here at our house. So I was busy making everything perfect. I went upstairs. I went upstairs I changed into the beautiful dress which hugged my body perfectly. Cloè came in.

" Ah, you look beautiful now let's do your hair and makeup." She tied my hair into a waterfall ladder braid. And did light make up on my face?

"Ah, my masterpiece," she said.

" Thanks, Cloè it's really beautiful " I hugged her.

" come hurry it's time for the bride and Maid of honour to show up." Jasmine was looking beautiful and more radiant.

" not cold feet are you?" I joke.

"No, not at all. I am very much ready" she answered smiling. The music started playing and we walked in all eyes were on us. Cloè was behind me.

I went and stood beside her. Then it was the time for vows. We reached the end. "Now I pronounce you husband and wife." And they kissed. It was a beautiful wedding ceremony.

I glanced at all the people present there. I could see Sam, James, Martin, Jasper and Ethane all were very happy and celebrating. I smiled.

I went to the food table and cut myself a slice of cake. I started eating it. " already hungry?" A voice startled me. It was James.

" yeah because I didn't have anything from the morning. I was busy making all the arrangements "

" you are looking beautiful and you're wearing my favourite colour." He smirked.

" Thank you " I blushed. "So can I ask you for a dance after you finish eating?"

" But I can't dance the waltz," I said.