Chapter 16 Runway lights

( Mia's dress for the show)

Mia's POV

"Cloè is everything okay?" She was pacing constantly.

" I am very nervous. If anything goes wrong what will happen?" She went backstage again. I followed her. Right now I am with her in her fashion show.

"Everything will be okay. Only one hour is left for the show to start and nothing will happen to wreck it. Stop worrying girl" I tried to calm her down.

"Oh no, what happened?" Someone shouted. We rushed to the stage where every model was practising. We saw a model fell and twisted her ankle.

" she is the lead model of the show who will come at the end. Shit, I am dead" by saying that Cloè fainted.

We carried her to the green room of the model and she woke up," Cloè are you okay? " I was worried.

" Mia I had a weird dream that only one hour left of my show and my main model injured herself," she said. As much as I want to deny it I can't lie to comfort her.

" It was no dream. It happened" she started crying.

"what will happen now Mia I am dead. My job dead. My life dead. I am dead twice." I couldn't see her so sad and broken. I hugged her. She started crying more.

"Sshhh... it Cloè it's all gonna be okay don't give up now" I made her stop crying somehow. The announcement went on the mike.

" half an hour left for the show to start. The guests have started coming in"

" where I am going to find another model?" She cried. Then she gasped looking at me.

" you can do it, Mia!"

" what?!"

" me? I can't Cloè. I can't even walk straight on an empty road. I will stumble and fall"

" you won't fall, Mia, please. Do this for me please I won't ask you for anything. Please I need a lead model"

"I am not even a model!"

" please Mia I am desperate. Please please please for me." She pleaded. She worked hard for this. And if this show was not successful it will the end of her. I can't see her this sad.

"Okay I will do it for you"

"Thank you, Mia. Thank you very much. I love you babe. " she jumped on me.

" Okay okay now. Remember you owe me big time"

" Everyone comes here. She will be the lead model so let's get her ready. Hurry people, we don't have much time left. Let's move it" Cloè shouted.

People were all over me. Some were dressing me into that gorgeous killer dress Cloè designed. Others were doing my hair, Cloè was doing my makeup and other girls were doing my accessories and nails. I was being fussed over.

"Ladies this is the last touch up okay. We have 5 minutes for the show to start. So let's kick it up" Cloè shouted.

Finally, everything was done. I looked in the mirror and I couldn't recognise myself. Is this me?! I checked my phone real quick there were missed calls. They were all from James. He sure is thinking that where I am as the show was going to start.

I took a deep breath and looked at the mirror. Be brave. Just walk straight with grace and don't fall.

All the model's started hitting the ramp one after the other. I was getting very nervous. My hands were cold as a ghost. Cloè holds my hands.