Too Little Too Late Pt.1

Sam Winchester x Reader

Synopsis: You are in love with the younger Winchester, but a series of events have you leaving him. Circumstances change, and you are reunited, but it might be too late.

"Sam, I'm not sure I can take much more of this!" You yelled, your hands on your hips, as rage fueled inside you. You were tired of being pushed around, treated as a child, and you were done with it. Sam had been walking on egg shells around you for weeks now, and you couldn't handle it any more.

"Y/N, it's for your own safety, why can't you see that! I was just trying to keep you safe!" He yelled back, and you watched as his brother slithered out of the room, not wanting to get caught in one of your fights. If you hadn't of been so mad, you would have laughed. 

Slamming your bottle of beer on the table, you ignored the amber liquid that sloshed over the edge. "Sam, I get it. I get that you want to keep me safe. But why can't you see that I can take care of myself? I'm done with being treated like I can't do anything right!" 

Sam crossed his arms. "Who's to say you can do anything right? You messed up big time on that hunt Y/N. You could have been killed. And it's not the first time either." 

You sprung back as if shocked. Did Sam really think that little of you? You stayed quiet, which should have been Sam's first clue that something wasn't right, but he kept going. "I'm starting to wonder why Dean and I even keep you around. I mean, yeah you're good in bed and all, but really? It's starting to get boring." He told you, and you felt the tears start to grow in your eyes, as you took the punishment Sam was handing out. You couldn't defend yourself, you were too shocked and hurt.

"Is that really what you think?" You asked quietly, all the fight gone from your voice.

Sam shuffled a bit, before looking up at you. "Yeah, that's what I think." He told you, and you almost broke down then and there, but you didn't want to give him the satisfaction of your tears.

Taking a deep breath, you gave Sam a watery smile. "Fine, then I guess this is goodbye." You told him, your heart breaking when he stayed silent. You made your way to the room the two of you shared, grabbing your bag and blindly throwing things in, your tears making the packing hard. There was a knock at the door, and you glanced up, relieved to see Dean there, and not Sam.

"I heard. I can't believe he said those things to you." Dean told you, before wrapping you in his arms. "Listen, why don't I drop you off at a hotel, let him cool off. I know he isn't thinking right, that he would kill himself for letting you go." 

You grabbed your bag, ready to leave. "Dean, I hate to leave. But you heard him. It's better if I just take off, and you lose my number. But I will miss you." You told him, before pushing past him, making your way to the garage, where your car had sat unused for the past year. Dean had followed you, and was currently leaning against one of the poles, watching you, a stormy expression on his face.

"I can't believe this. That he's letting you go this easy. You were the best thing that ever happened to him, after Jess." Dean said, as he ran his fingers through his hair in frustration.

"Well, I must not have meant that much to him." You whispered, before turning your key on, and driving away. You didn't look out the rear view mirror, your view was on the road in front of you, shaded with tears.

Sam's P.O.V.

I knew the exact moment Y/N left, I could feel it in my heart. I sat there in the library with a glass of whiskey in my hand, and my feet up on the table. If anybody were to pass by, they wouldn't notice that my heart was currently being ripped in two, and I was trying to keep the tears at bay.

As soon as her car was out of the garage, Dean came striding into the bunker, and I knew he was furious with me. "How dare you! Why the hell did you say those things to her?" He asked, and I really couldn't answer him.

So instead, I calmly took another drink of whiskey, which made him even more furious. "Don't you even care? She was crying when she left. You broke her heart, and sent her on her way." Dean said, before pouring himself a shot of whiskey.

I couldn't take it anymore. It was hard enough lying to Y/N, watching her heart break because of me. But I couldn't lie to my brother either, I wasn't strong enough. "I do care. I love her. That's why I chased her away." I answered quietly.

Dean turned to face me, his whiskey forgotten. "Are you mad? You scared away the best thing that happened to you because you love her?"

I gulped down the last of my whiskey, enjoying the burn as it slid down. "I'm poison, we're both poison. At least this way, maybe she will have a chance at a normal life. If she had stayed with me, she would be dead, or will be soon. And I can't have her blood on my hands." I said, looking down at them as if it was already there. And it had been, I had seen it in my dreams, every night for the last two weeks, and I couldn't handle it anymore. I didn't know if it was just dreams, or one of my visions, but I couldn't imagine the thought of her dying in front of me.

"I get it, I really do. But I still think it was a stupid move, and that it's going to come back to haunt you." Dean threatened as he left the room, and I watched him, knowing he was probably right, but it was the chance I had to take.