Chapter 5: His Ex

"Hey, how long are you going to ignore me?" an annoying poke shot up my ribs as I jerked back, feeling the stinging sensation still lingering around the area.

"You don't just get people's attentions by poking them, you know." I commented. "That's like, attention-seeking guide 101."

"Ugh, there are rules to get someone's attention?" he sighed, his arms flying everywhere as if to exaggerate his point. "I thought it's just plain doing it."

He started reaching for my hip and moved his fingers around rather quickly, in other words, he was tickling the life out of me. "H-Hey, s-stop idiot!" I shouted, a tiny tear came out from my eye corner, unable to hold it in. "We're in public, stupid!"

He stopped just in time, anymore of that intensity, I would've died. Like, literally, he was so rough. It tickled, sure, but it was painful as well. A perfect mixture, as you call it. I had a terrible feeling when I thought of him like that so, rather that persuading further, I erased the thought from my brain.

"You never call me anything else, do you?" he sighed in defeat. "Stupid, idiot, bastard. The list goes on, only sometimes you call me by my name. That is, only sometimes. Emphasize on the some--"

"I get it," I cut him off, unable to tolerate his whining anymore. "Karma."

His cheeks dusted light pink, "I wasn't ready for that one." he admitted, avoiding my confused eyes.

"You need to be ready?" I closed my eyes, thinking nothing if it. "What kind of logic is that?"

He slapped the brochure into my face, "It doesn't matter." he pushed it against my facial features. "Now, where do you want to go first?"

I flung my arms around, trying to hit him in any way possible just to get this piece of paper out of my face. I did, after I stepped on his shoe, that is. "Let's go to a museum first?"

"Bo-ring." he emphasized. "C'mon, this is suppose to be a date, not some lame field trip."

"One, this isn't a date." I said, rather calmly despite my heart throb upon hearing the word. "Two, what part of a museum is boring?"

"Every single inch."

"You're insulting historians everywhere."

"It's their fault that we have to learn national history and all that." he shrugged. "They deserve some negative feedback every once and a while."

"Anyway," I looked at the brochure I'd got from town central which is suppose to act as a tourist guide. "Since the museum is boring, lets go--" 

"To a funfair." he cut me off again. "We can ride a Ferris wheel. I've always wanted to try those."

"They're prettier at night." I suggested. "We'll go then. For now, lets do something that can expose us to the sun."

"Vampires can't stay under the sun for too long, you know."

"Why'd you bring that up all of a sudden?"

"I just thought it would be funny." he nervously laughed.

"It's not, its just weird." I told him. "Anyway, where do you want to go?! We don't have all day."

"We have tomorrow and the rest of today." he reasoned. "Chill, little doll, chill."

"Learn my name already. The nickname's embarrassing." I walked towards a shady tree since I was typically burning from staying under the sun.

"I know this really cool paintball free-play." he followed me into the shade, sitting down beside my legs and leaning on them as if to get my attention. "We should go there, you know, to test out your assassination skills."