Chapter 16: I knew it

"Are you going soft?" 

Without realizing, I accidentally tied the tie around my neck too tight, causing me to choke slightly before messily starting to unravel the piece of cloth off the underside of my collar. 

"This type of tie is almost impossible." I huffed, dissatisfied with the choice of tie Gakushuu recommended to me, saying that this type fits my image more. 

Whatever the hell that's supposed to mean. 

"Ugh, to hell with this!" I got so done with even trying to tie that 'bow tie' he got me. It's completely different from the usual necktie I was accustom to, rather, I don't think it shared anything in common. Well, except the fact that its a tie meant for the neck. 

"Why do I have to wear a fucking suit anyway?" I thought, subconsciously cursing the attire I was forced into."Its not like we're going to board that ship for a ball. We're going in there literally to kill someone! Honestly, casual clothes are already sufficient. Why the hell do we need to go formal on this assassination?!" 

Suddenly, I heard a sigh coming from the door that I left ajar. Turning my attention to the particular voice, I saw my womb-mate already dressed in his attire, leaning against the door frame, his eyes almost as if mocking my complaint. "Because, Karasuma said we'll have a welcoming party for mom right after that." he replied to my previous question. "You know how she can get. If we show up wearing our normal assassination clothes, she'll freak out, saying that its a disgrace to fashion or something."

"She's a disgrace." I rolled my eyes, looking back to my reflection in the mirror in front of me and, once again, tried to tie the complicated knot on my neck. 

"Karma, don't talk like that." even when I couldn't see the expression he was making, I knew that he was somehow angered. I didn't understand why Gakushuu accepts that bitch when I would instantly refuse to. I mean, how can he be so mature when I'm the older one? "She's our mother." 

"Step-mother." I corrected, clicking my tongue in annoyance. "Don't forget that important fact." 

"Yeah, yeah." his voice playful, chuckling all the way as he approached me, looking at my reflection in the mirror rather than my physical body beside him.

"What?" I demanded, seeing that he was giggling at how my fingers fumbled together, the tie ending up in a double knot instead of the single knot the instructions said. 

He covered his mouth with two of his fingers, "Want some help?" he asked, speaking through his fingers that tried to hide the smile on his face. 

"I don't need your sympathy." I grumbled, still trying my best on the impossible tie. 

"Here." he took the two ends of the tie from my hands and began over-lapping one over the other in a continuous pattern before shifting in front of me to better focus on the tie after lifting my collar up.

I averted my eyes to the ceiling, staring at the rotating fan above us to distract me from him since I didn't really like it when this pervert makes too much skin-to-skin contact. I mean, he already raped that little brat, no way am I letting my body be violated by a guy. 

"You swing that way?" 

"What if I do?" 

By this guy. 

"All done." he patted my collarbone after folding the collar back into place, smiling up to me. "You're rather dashing, aren't you?" 

I scrunched my eyebrows, "Was that suppose to be a compliment?" I asked, questioning his statement since I detected a slight usage of sarcasm.