Chapter 28: Let the Games Begin

A/N: Yeah, I know, I want to punch myself too. It's been two freaking months and I didn't even touch this story even though I got messages and comments encouraging me to stop procrastinating and write but, to tell you the truth, I have the death sentence of writer's block. Well, I had the HUGEST plot twist ever, but, I feared rejection and completely ignored the idea. I know I often write the BIGGEST STUPIDEST plot twists ever, but this one was kinda too extreme even for me. 

So, I didn't do it. Instead, I came up with another twist. 

I wanna take this moment to curse my stupidity and to thank every single one of you. I didn't expect this little story to get over 20k reads and over a thousand likes and comments and it's making me really bloody happy that people still read this. When I started out as a writer, I was legit scared of people not liking what I was passionate about. 

BUT, EVERYONE IN THIS FANDOM IS SO NICE, I'M CRYING

THANK YOU SO MUCH

I LOVE YOU EVERYONE SO SO MUCH 

Now, for a 2016 ending, I'll carry on with this story. (Bruh, it ended like, 3 weeks ago, ya stupid) 

.

.

.

---

"I better get going now," I stated, hurriedly getting out of my seat to exit the cafe. 

"As the way you are now?" a voice held me back. "That's the same as going to war butt naked. What are you to do if 'Unknown' pins you down? You don't have any weapons whatsoever and your physical strength sucks." 

I felt my heart sinking, what a comment, I thought. "Then, what you suppose I do? Dilly dally when he's possibly dying?" 

"We have two hours," Levi spoke up, pointing the little detail out. "He can stand that long. For now, you're gonna get ready. We have everything back in HQ, it'll just take a jiffy." 

"No human being can stand being tortured to death for two hours!" I, suddenly, yelled --annoyed at how he could take this matter so lightly. "Plus he looks like he went through hell before 'Unknown' entered the chatroom! How can you--!" 

Suddenly, my whole body was yanked to the ground, my head smashing against the tiled floor as the brunette applied heavier pressure on either side of my shoulders. "Listen here, Allium!" he started, vigorously shaking me to get my full attention. "As much as I understand why you want to save him, you have to listen to us when we say you're facing death if you go there unprepared!"

I stared at him, trying to fight back, of course. Although, as Izaya said, my physical strength sucks. But, his constant yelling and shaking distracted me from the sight of his eyes shattering from the inside. It confused me, and I was suddenly overwhelmed by the feeling of regret that oozed out of his person.

"Ciel is a motherfucking devil, I tell you! He'll rip out your throat in a matter of seconds!" he continued, tightly clutching a section of my clothes. "Do you want to die, Nagisa?! Do you want to die knowing that you couldn't save anyone?!"

"Eren!" 

I watched how the tears pricked his eyes as he was lifted off of me, the raven-haired boy trying frantically to calm his partner down. "Get a hold of yourself!" Levi snapped, turning him around to face his silver gaze. "What happened that day wasn't your fault! Do you hear me?! It wasn't your fault, Eren!" 

And then, I saw something I never thought I'd see from the most cheerful person in the group. Tears; spilling out with emotion and overwhelming him with a sense of regret. Wasting no time, Levi hugged him, despite being a couple of inches shorter than the boy. In return, Eren clung onto his partner, desperately trying to suppress his cries and muffle them into sobs. "I'm sorry." Eren hiccupped. "I'm sorry she died, Levi."