Chapter 12: To have you dead

"You cut?" 

I could've sworn my heart dropped. 

My head was spinning, the brain within forcing different gears to turn to enable something I can use as an excuse.  Literally, I would take any suggestion I could come up with no matter how stupid it may sound. I was that desperate to lie to him. 

"Tell me the truth." he approached me, ignoring my earlier actions that obviously stated not to come any closer. 

I scrunched my eyebrows, trying to imitate an angered expression my brother used to pull off to the bullies. "Take another step and I'll tear your chest open." I taunted, using the exact same line he did. I know that's like, copyright or something, but who gives a damn on what I say anyway?

"Considering your accuracy in aim and twisted way of thinking, I'd seriously be scared off by now." he chuckled in a teasing sorta way. 

My expression wavered a bit but, still maintained its look despite my intention to loosen it up. "Then, you should just leave me." I said. "If you're scared of who I am, you're better of ending my life, right?" 

His eyes snapped open before it returned to its original state in a matter of seconds as his feet stopped from taking anymore of an inch towards me. "What a scary way of thinking." he walked away to a table that supported various types of items such as books, a pencil case and a few sheets of papers. "If I were to end your life, you won't get another, you know?" 

"I know at least that much." I clenched my fist, annoyed that he was stating the obvious like I wasn't aware of it. 

His finger hovered above a pair of scissors on top of a thick book, supposedly a dictionary. "If you do, why would you throw away something so precious?" he faced me, his fingers still busy with the stationary. 

"Precious?" I gagged. "Who would find my life 'precious'? I certainly don't. Why would I bother keeping something so worthless?" 

My head hurts, rather, it was spinning like a top. It feels like it was pricked by a thousand needles before being smashed with a heavier object from directly above. I clenched my teeth, 'This is no time for another headache!' I shouted to my conscious. 

But, seriously, that was some transition from talking about the cuts on my arm to a matter of life and death. It confuses me to the very core why he would try so hard to simply prove his point. 

"Then, you wouldn't mind if I took it right now, right?" 

Before I could say anything in defense, he was already beside me, the sharp edge of the pair of scissors he was previously playing with was dangerously close to my neck. I couldn't even swallow, afraid that if I did, my Adam's apple would lift towards the blade. 

I glared at him, unable to speak in fear of the approaching weapon. He chuckled knowing that, "What's wrong?" he asked, grazing the edge of the scissors on surface of my skin. "I thought you wanted to die?"

He made a centimeter of distance between my neck and his weapon in hand, allowing me to at least speak. "You'd really do me this favor?" I provoked him, still wary of the incoming edge that could rip open my throat as I did with his previous stunt double back when we first met. 

His fist tightened. I took that as a signal to make a move. "Okay, I'm sorry--" 

My foot stomped hard on his, cutting him off his sentence which I didn't hear all that well. Toppling him off balance slightly, I slammed my fist to his hip. Although not enough force to knock out or anything, but with a slight trickery of hand movements, I got a hold of the scissors he held tight in his grasp a moment ago, trying to taunt me with its sharp edge.