Chapter 19: Mother of Mine

"Mom." his face lightened up, like thousands of Christmas lights that had just been plugged in. "I thought I'd never see you again."

The blonde giggled, "Well, aren't you the master of exaggeration?"

I gave the both of them a dumbfounded look as I remembered a certain sentence he'd said a few days ago, back at my house.

"I took away your mother? What do you mean by that?! Even I don't know who my mother is! I don't know how she looks like. Hell, I don't even know if she's still alive!"

How could he possibly recognize her after all that?

Following my thoughts, I asked, "How the hell do you know her?" my tone a bit angered due to the glee attitude of the bitch towards the blue-haired lad. "You said you don't even know who your mom is. You said you don't know what she looks like. How could you possibly recognize this woman as your mother?"

Nagisa looked hesitant to answer, but after letting the silence drag, he explained--kinda. "I don't know." he admitted. "It just felt right."

I raised an eyebrow, "It felt right?" I repeated, disbelief took over my expression. "What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"Why are you acting like this? I just met my mother that I've lost contact since I was--what? Three?" he snapped, standing up to match my eyes which I didn't even realize were looking down on him.

"Exactly." I countered. "How would you be able to remember her face when you've been separated for so long?"

"Karma, what's wrong with you?" he questioned, knitting his angered eyebrows together. "We just made up. You want to start another fight right away? When you were the one that decided to become someone special to me?"

I clicked my tongue, "I'm just bloody curious. I want to know how you suddenly announced that this man-ninizer is, in fact, your mother."

"Man-eater." I heard Gakushuu correct me from across the room.

"Shut your trap, idiot!" I yelled, almost immediately, knowing that he'd correct my vocabulary.

"Seriously, this again." the doll in front of me sighed. "Look, I don't expect you to suddenly be okay with all this. But, I really don't expect you to ask all these questions left and right."

I grumbled, "What do you mean; this again?" I questioned. "When have I ever acted like this, huh?"

"When I told you about my relationship with Kayano. When I suddenly brought up your mother the other day." he gave me pretty good examples. "You always have this twisted expression on your face. I don't like it."

"Well, I'm sorry my face is too ugly for you to look at."

"That's not what I--"

"Enough." I snapped, irritated at how this conversation is getting us nowhere. "I don't want to fight about this. Rather, I'm too tired to fight about such a fucked up thing. Go have a reunion hug with your mother like you did when Gakushuu came to town. Forget that I'm here and go be happy with your family."

"Karma, I know that its hard on you, and I understand what you're going through--"

"No, you don't!" I cut off his sentence, yelling. "You don't understand a fucking thing about me. You don't what I'm going through. You don't know how much that woman made me suffer!"

Nagisa tilted his head, "What does she have to do with this?" he questioned, stepping closer to approach me. "What did she do to you?"

"Nothing." I shrugged. "Just leave me alone."